Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

QuoteDoes a set of instructions for checking of capacity size for ML so disruptive that to do so would affect the writing of video and sound to the buffer and card?

Well it made 17 sec of delay... in the current form it only checks for the video buffers and not audio as far as I can tell.

g3gg0

while you are discussing ... that wave issue should already have been fixed. (since 3 days)
does it not work?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

andy kh

tried 2day's nightly build. it took 43 secs to start recording after pressing recording button. what's wrong?
5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

wait... what? it takes one second on the 5D3.
it is only allocating a file with the size of the available RAM.
are you using SD card? which camera?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

vyskocil

I also saw this behavior with the latest build I compiled yesterday, I don't measured it but it took several seconds (perhaps 15s-20s) between the instant I push the rec button and the instant it start effectively recording.
Actually I only have a "slow" 16Go CF card because I had to send back my flaky 1000x 64Go CF and still wait for the replacement...

[Edit] I don't want to add fuel to the fire in any way but I only tested this on the latest TL code because I'm using a 7D
[Edit] I'm also ready to join the force to do back porting from TL to ML

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

1%

It probably takes 1 second on 6D/5DIII and a long time on the rest. i never ran out my card to see if the wav file disappears, stayed away from that end.

N/A

Yeah the newest nightly for 600D is taking almost a minute to start recording .mlv as well. Seems like the last 3 nightly builds have this problem.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

tonybeccar

Is there a block in the header about dual iso? I opened with hex editor and I cant find one.. or at least is there a byte that says if the video file is with dual iso or not?

g3gg0

the delay came from the space reservation that i do to have enough room on the card even if it runs full.
it basically the same what alex did in raw_rec afaik.
it reserves the amount of space that you have as RAM in a file. in case the card runs full, the file is deleted.

fixed that yesterday. seems to be a FIO issue when seeking.
should be more usable now.
you can disable that card space reserveation just in case.

but the file is only recreated if you a) have suddenly more ram available or b) it was deleted due to a full card.

g3gg0

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 07, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
Is there a block in the header about dual iso? I opened with hex editor and I cant find one.. or at least is there a byte that says if the video file is with dual iso or not?

nope. wanted to switch to ml-cbr for modules signalling each other.
alhtough i didnt touch it yet :)

tonybeccar

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 07, 2014, 09:17:04 PM
nope. wanted to switch to ml-cbr for modules signalling each other.
alhtough i didnt touch it yet :)

Hehe, a bit chinese for me :P Hope someday it could be incorporated to the header. So for example my batch converter would automatically detect them and transcode them :)

g3gg0

1%

Premiere is supposed to since CS5... I see posts for some people having trouble syncing the TC but all of it is from 2010.

Support for all major media types
Import and export major video, audio, and graphic file formats, including FLV, F4V, MPEG-2, QuickTime, Windows Media, AVI, BWF, AIFF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIFF, and more.

This is from CS5.5

N/A

Newest nightly, 600D, mlv_rec with mlv_snd is such a beautiful thing. Still limited to 9 secs of movie at 1280x536 but it now does 9 secs WITH SOUND. 22khz for the record. Still have to test the other sample rates but 22khz is completely fine. No more "dead" pixels, hot/cold pixels, whatever they're called.

Two issues I'm seeing, though. Acr 6.5 in AE CS 5.5 isn't recognizing the metadata of the dng's exported with the OSX Batch Convert App (recursive0.4.command, OSX Mavericks), it displays the camera model at the top of ACR but nothing under camera profiles and no wb info. And maybe I'm missing something because I haven't been following MLV development much lately, but the camera crashes (Err70) every time I try to record in 5x crop, in both 1080p and 640x480 mode. BUT, if I record in the 600d's 3x zoom mode it runs just fine.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Audionut

With Global Draw Off (mlv_rec), after recording Global Draw remains disabled.  You must exit movie mode, or enable GD in mlv_rec menu and make another recording to enable GD.

With Extra Hacks On, FPS override overlay remains onscreen and shifted behind the memory buffer overlay.

andy kh

tried today's nighly and there is no more delay. there are pink/corrupted frames.
5D Mark III - 70D

ted ramasola

Quote from: andy kh on February 08, 2014, 05:19:42 AM
tried today's nighly and there is no more delay. there are pink/corrupted frames.

what camera are you using?

Testing for Feb 6 build.

The 5D2. No start stop delay.
Cleaner display with the buffer display removed.
Movie restart function for h264 is fixed.
Only the low FPS freeze frame is not yet fixed.

On the 7D
I had pink/corrupted frames when Status - Icon is ON as well as Full Color Preview.

With those at off all clips in tests clean and audio in sync.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

arrinkiiii

This is fast =)) Thank you =)) Now wend press rec it's start almost immediately. Will continuous to make some more tests.

Thank you g3gg0 and vyskocil!

I try this from TL but i would like to try the "new" stuff ported from TL 2 ML, here i can find it? Need to wait until ML nightly builds for 7D are up again?   

Some tests:

-Wend frame skipped, the message stay in Lv, only get out if press trash button or if wait one minute
-Wend card full and i go format it display only 160kb used

- 1 frame skipped and camera crash

-Turn off and on camera test again and  it's showing the right capacity wend go to format in camera
-Full fill the card (8GB) and format again in camera and only show 160kb used. I format and everything go's as should be. (not big deal, just for knowing)

jose_ugs

Trying things out too, and i get this file: mlv_rec.tmp in the same folder with the mlv file. Safe to delete this one?

tjaja

Anyone can help with this?

I updated to the latest nightly since a month ago and I noticed card spanning doesnt work anymore.

Tried to turn off Memory hack and or Extra Hacks and still the SD remains idle at all the resolutions both 300 procent crop and 100 procent.

Tried to format both cards to Exfat and Fat32. And in the canon camerasettings tried all variations with card storage.

Is card spanning left out off on purpose?
5DFree, 550D, canon 50mm 1.4

jose_ugs

Card spanning is working just fine, i can confirm on that, as i always shoot with it ON! Trying out the latest nightly all day and it works all right...