How are you processing your Raw footage?

Started by ilia, October 20, 2013, 05:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjfilmspeed

Quote from: BrotherD on October 23, 2013, 08:41:54 PM
Davinci Resolve 10 Lite. Color grading and correction is second to none. If I need to get it edited and rendered with the quickness, I'm calling Resolve. AE, PP, FCP, Vegas can do things today that Resolve can't. PP, FCP and Vegas better be very careful... As I look into the future I see having Resolve on your resume as a must. It's professional and free! C'mon man! Resolve is more important to me than a new BMW.

Did you want a technical answer?
What are you shooting on?

togg

Quote from: dude on October 22, 2013, 01:50:30 PM
Noise Reduction AFTER CC!
From First to last Step:
1st CC: WB,White/ Black Point (levels, kurves,...)
2nd CC: Effects, Colour and stuff
Denoiser
Sharpen

Sidenotes: Do the Colour Correction AFTER doing titles if you want them to fit into the scene.
                  Set a vignette BEFORE the Colour Correction(worst mistake ever, even the tv stations do it wrong..)

Thanks a lot! So I was doing it right.
I've never thought about the vignette, this is a useful tip.

swinxx

why should i apply the vignette before cc? and do you mean primary cc or look cc?
and why denoising after cc and look.?

thx

guilhermemartins

Quote from: djfremen on October 23, 2013, 04:43:07 AM
Please explain the logic of this. Surely your footage won't become sharper, right?

Slightly! It does. I don't really know why. But when I was running my first raw tests I tried both  exporting 1600x800 tiff than opening in QuickTime 7 and exporting 1080p  with letterbox and exporting an 3k plus tiff and downscaling to 1080 p with letterbox. The latter gives me better results.
My guess is ACR handles upscaling  better than QuickTime, and any video conversion software will handle downscaling better than upscaling.
Does this make any sense to anyone else?
I have been using ML for all my production company`s jobs since the release of 2.3. most of them available at.
www.mariachisaudiovisual.com.br