50D - Cannot play back image???

Started by Batasuna, July 15, 2013, 06:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batasuna

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys can tell me how can I see the footage I just recorded with my 50D. When I push the play button in my camera it shows a message that reads "Cannot play back image". What's needed/set up to see my footage in the viewfinder?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

ilguercio

Nothing, so far it's not possible to review it in camera.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

LEVISDAVIS

When using the Canon 50D... Select the Raw Record Module in the Film Camera Menu section. Then, press the function button. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu. Locate the last recorded clip and press SET. Warning: If you turn your camera off you will not be able to view the last clip that you recorded. In addition, you are only able to view the last clip... Depending upon what version of ML you are running you may or may not be able to delete the last recorded clip. Tragic Lantern does... The compiled build does not.
Levi S. Davis

Andy600

You can playback the last recorded clip in the raw module BUT did you know that you can preview, delete and manage all of your raw clips in the file manager module by selecting a raw file and choosing 'view' ;)

The only downside is that Raw previews will be grayscale and at a lower frame rate.

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Batasuna

Hi,

Where can be found this "raw module" and "file manager"? I've been looking for it in the ML menus, no luck  :(. Would it be under "Prefs" or "Debug" menus maybe? Please help.  :-\

Thank you!

Ed

Andy600

Quote from: Batasuna on July 16, 2013, 05:38:09 AM
Hi,

Where can be found this "raw module" and "file manager"? I've been looking for it in the ML menus, no luck  :(. Would it be under "Prefs" or "Debug" menus maybe? Please help.  :-\

Thank you!

Ed

It's shown as File Browser under the Debug menu
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

LEVISDAVIS

I had no idea you could go under the file manager and locate clips. This is fantastic.

Based on your last statement, I had no idea I could play back clips in color. Is there a setting I should be looking for? If so, where?

Thanks!
Levi S. Davis

Andy600

Quote from: LEVISDAVIS on July 16, 2013, 11:21:24 AM
I had no idea you could go under the file manager and locate clips. This is fantastic.

Based on your last statement, I had no idea I could play back clips in color. Is there a setting I should be looking for? If so, where?

Thanks!

;)

You can't playback raw clips in color. I said "The only downside is that Raw previews will be grayscale and at a lower frame rate.
"

GregoryOfManhattan

this is why i put the file_man in the unified builds - figure that people will see
file_man and figure out that it means
file manager and
click on things to see what happens (or use search on the internet).

you can set each module to load or not by default.
many times i only leave ettr and raw_rec active.

Andy600

Quote from: GregoryOfManhattan on July 16, 2013, 03:12:56 PM
this is why i put the file_man in the unified builds - figure that people will see
file_man and figure out that it means
file manager and
click on things to see what happens (or use search on the internet).

you can set each module to load or not by default.
many times i only leave ettr and raw_rec active.

Some users tend to not spot the obvious. I suggested that File Manager be renamed from 'file browser' to File Manager in the menu and maybe moved from Debug to make it more intuitive.

Batasuna

Hi,

I do not want to look like a fool, however I can not find the following features: raw module, file manager, unified builds, raw_rec. I was looking under Debug menu (and the rest of the menus!) as mentioned nevertheless there is nothing =(.

Please let me know in detail how can I access to such features in order to visualize my movie clips. Are we talking about the same ML version (2.3) and for the Canon 50 D camera??

Thanks! =)

Ed