M5mkii vs 7d with ML

Started by fpena06, August 19, 2013, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fpena06

Hello everyone,

I currently own a 7D and was wondering if it's worth upgrading to the 5dmkii now that all these wonderful things are happening with the 7d and ML.

Thanks!

fpena06

Any suggestions? Don't want to sell my 7d to later find it I shouldn't have :\

Thanks

edwmotion

i
Quote from: fpena06 on August 24, 2013, 05:56:14 AM
Any suggestions? Don't want to sell my 7d to later find it I shouldn't have :\

Thanks

If you're going tu update your 7D, it should be for a Mark III. 

fpena06

Guess I won't be upgrading. No money for 5dmiii I already own a d3s. Just wanted it for timelapse and underwater video.

edwmotion

Quote from: fpena06 on August 24, 2013, 06:28:33 AM
Guess I won't be upgrading. No money for 5dmiii I already own a d3s. Just wanted it for timelapse and underwater video.

The 7D will have a better performance than the Mark II, the "powa" is there,,,  just be a little patience.

fpena06

What I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Bjlemenager

Quote from: edwmotion on August 24, 2013, 06:35:12 AM
The 7D will have a better performance than the Mark II, the "powa" is there,,,  just be a little patience.

How did you find out what kind of power is in the 7D? I'm curious to see the stats on the camera and if it will ever run full HD?

ted ramasola

Quote from: Bjlemenager on August 31, 2013, 07:53:15 AM
How did you find out what kind of power is in the 7D? I'm curious to see the stats on the camera and if it will ever run full HD?

Here's a stat. Using current build the benchmark on the 7D looks sweet. I'm putting it here compared to the 5dmkII using same cards.
7D definitely has the hardware potential. I'm sure it has a few tricks up its sleeve the 5d2 doesn't have. 60P is one of it.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Bjlemenager

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 31, 2013, 08:08:41 AM
Here's a stat. Using current build the benchmark on the 7D looks sweet. I'm putting it here compared to the 5dmkII using same cards.
7D definitely has the hardware potential. I'm sure it has a few tricks up its sleeve the 5d2 doesn't have. 60P is one of it.

So I'm assuming we'll see uncropped full HD eventually out this camera? I can't ever find the right threads to keep up on the 7D raw progress, so if you have a link that would be cool. Thanks!

ted ramasola

Yeah, developers are branching out.
Keep an eye on this 2 and I think you'll be on track with updates. -for now.:)

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.0

and this:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas