Resolve 9.1.5 and raw2dng

Started by marekk, July 13, 2013, 08:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marekk

Davinci Resolve 9.1.5 can open 14bit DNG sequences so we can import files created by raw2dng without issues now. I've just added Frame Rate tag to chdk-dng.c and raw2dng. Resolve reads this tag properly.

mageye

That's very good. It's just solved a BIG problem that I had.

I was converting my *.RAW files with RAWMagic and then I did something that was a little risky: -

I converted the CinemaDNG files from RAWMagic into standard DNG files with Adobe's DNG Converter

The reason I did this is because Adobe's DNG Converter manages to apply non lossy compression to the DNG's.

I managed to regain LOTS of space on my disk.

However I couldn't use these files in DaVinci Resolve :( :'(.

I just updated from 9.1.4 to 9.1.5 and now they work perfectly with this improved support 8).

BIG YAY! (and thanks for letting everyone know!) ;D
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

chmee

@marekk - but it does not pay attention to badpixel opcode, right?

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

ted ramasola

I have been using jun 8 raw2dng due to problems with later builds in working with AE CS3 (cannot parse file error)

However, I am torn right now since current raw2dng converters allow the DNGs to work with resolve. I would like to know from the raw2dng developers if they can also FIX the current raw2dng converters to be able to let it work with CS3 as well as with resolve?

My cs3 AE has a software plug in with my grass valley card allowing me to view my AE comps out thru HDMI to an HD monitor for grading thats why this is important to me and probably also to those still using older Adobe products.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

I don't have CS3, so maybe you can upload a DNG that can't be loaded and another that can?

If you go back to older versions without a proper bug report, I won't even know the bug is there ;)

ted ramasola

Quote from: a1ex on July 15, 2013, 07:57:50 AM
I don't have CS3, so maybe you can upload a DNG that can't be loaded and another that can?

If you go back to older versions without a proper bug report, I won't even know the bug is there ;)

A1ex,

sent email containg zip of 2 dng frames extracted from same raw file using 2 versions of raw2dng, Jun 8 and Jul 2.

I just found out through testing now that it is RAWanizer that cannot extract Resolve compatible dng files.

However I still sent the DNGs since Jun 8 raw2dng extract can be oned in AE CS3 while Jul 2 version cannot be opened in AEcs3.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

duncanidaho25

Does Resolve ignore any setting changes you make to a DNG using ACR?  Is the only way to retain those changes in Resolve to import a .Tif version?
5D2 |  VAF-5d2b | Komputerbay 64GB 1000x  | 14, 24, 35, 85 Samyang Lens Set  | 50, 180 Nikon | Marshall V-LCD51 | DigiFinder | 528s LED Amaran lights