Davinci Resolve 9.1.5 now works with DNG

Started by Andy600, July 13, 2013, 01:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.T.I. ARMY

https://vimeo.com/67970827

Check out this guys work flow with Davinci. His LUT is nice.

I'm still getting a lot of noise? Any answers?

filmthatsheet

New version of Resolve crashes often on import.  Using the July 11th build on the Mark 2.

Since some files would import fine and other's wouldn't, I did a quick test, and oddly enough with the camera set to the highest 16x9 resolution and with "1880" turned ON, those clips would import fine!  Everything else that was filmed under the same settings, but with "1880" being turned OFF, would freeze resolve, and crash my computer.  Not good..

I film in the highest resolution that I can access on my Mark 2 (in crop mode) and it seems to be hit or miss.

All clips were filmed with FPS override ON, set to 23.976 (EXACT FPS), and I've been converting all of my .RAW files through RawMagic.  ALL clips import into AE CS6 perfectly fine.  WHY?

I don't recall this ever happening before I upgraded, and I don't know what to make of it.  My system is fine.  All of my drives are in good health.  But it's the weirdest thing... Thinking of doing a few more tests with other resolutions. 

Can anyone offer their expertise?

sebamax

Quote from: filmthatsheet on July 24, 2013, 09:23:36 AM
New version of Resolve crashes often on import.  Using the July 11th build on the Mark 2.

Since some files would import fine and other's wouldn't, I did a quick test, and oddly enough with the camera set to the highest 16x9 resolution and with "1880" turned ON, those clips would import fine!  Everything else that was filmed under the same settings, but with "1880" being turned OFF, would freeze resolve, and crash my computer.  Not good..

I film in the highest resolution that I can access on my Mark 2 (in crop mode) and it seems to be hit or miss.

All clips were filmed with FPS override ON, set to 23.976 (EXACT FPS), and I've been converting all of my .RAW files through RawMagic.  ALL clips import into AE CS6 perfectly fine.  WHY?

I don't recall this ever happening before I upgraded, and I don't know what to make of it.  My system is fine.  All of my drives are in good health.  But it's the weirdest thing... Thinking of doing a few more tests with other resolutions. 

Can anyone offer their expertise?
me too same thing with 5d Mark III - resolve crash when import clips converted with raw2dng 0.13 - in ACR is always ok

vikado

white balance question:

under color panel, master settings, does switching "decoding using" from "project" to "clip" and changing the color space to "BMD" properly white balance the footage?

i know about the auto color tool, but it doesn't seem to white balance it properly.
am i doing something wrong?
5d2 user

mdfaisal

Quote from: vikado on July 25, 2013, 09:41:13 AM
white balance question:

under color panel, master settings, does switching "decoding using" from "project" to "clip" and changing the color space to "BMD" properly white balance the footage?

i know about the auto color tool, but it doesn't seem to white balance it properly.
am i doing something wrong?

You have to doit manually.
There is no a kelvin color ballance.
Use the rgb parrade and waveform monitor to know what is your video color dominance and try to add or substract the color using color wheel

PlayIt

I, also, have  this crashing problem with the new version of resolve, using 5D markII (7-11 build) raw files. I did some tests, here are my first conclusions:

frame size (25FPS)   1880

1856x1004                off
1856x1044                off
1872x1054                off     crash
1880x1058                on
1880x1016                on
1872x1012                off
1856x1114                off     crash
1880x1128                on
1600x900                  off
1600x900                  on
2152x1076                on
2144x1076                off
2048x1076                off

Using Rawmagic 1.0 beta 7b. I will recheck tonight, and test other resolutions.

Hope this helps.
5d markII

vikado

Quote from: mdfaisal on July 29, 2013, 03:32:24 PM
You have to doit manually.
There is no a kelvin color ballance.
Use the rgb parrade and waveform monitor to know what is your video color dominance and try to add or substract the color using color wheel

wow, as great as Resolve is, they sure cocked up a couple of key features found in other color grading software.
5d2 user

Shasterface

It's right there in clip decoder settings. Temp and Tint, same as any other.