[FIXED] ML with 1.1.3 with RAW Video killed my 5D MK III - Camera DEAD - Help

Started by AdamJ, July 13, 2013, 07:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamJ

I installed the latest nightly FW update and it Killed my 5D MK III.

I installed the latest nightly FW,   checked and did not have all of the menus that i expected to see....  then turned off my 5D and it would not turn on again,    the Camera is now 100% dead!

Please help  !!!!   I just purchased the 5D 3 days ago and do not know how to recover it..

I would really appreciate anyone who can suggest how I can revive me MK III.   

Regards,

Adam

a1ex

Doyle4

Quote from: AdamJ on July 13, 2013, 07:34:01 AM

I installed the latest nightly FW,   checked and did not have all of the menus that i expected to see....  then turned off my 5D and it would not turn on again,    the Camera is now 100% dead!

Please help  !!!!   I just purchased the 5D 3 days ago and do not know how to recover it..

Regards,

Adam

Same thing happend to my friend who owns a 5Dmkiii, double check you have all files in the right place, that was his mistake.

But as Alex said, Removing the battery and CF card and rebooting without card worked like a charm like always, replaced ML files and A'ok :)

Pelican

Quote from: AdamJ on July 13, 2013, 07:34:01 AM

Regards,

Adam

Before you start a topic with "ML killed my camera" you should read the troubleshooting info at least.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

AdamJ

I did in fact go through the troubleshooting guide prior to me creating this thread,   I should have indicated that.   Sorry about that.

I tried removing the battery and CF cards last night which did not help.

Camera is simply acting as if it has no power and it is only a few days old.

Adam

a1ex

aaphotog

Did you charge the battery?
Try charging the battery, turn the camera on, then turn the camera off. Remove the battery first then the card, then put the battery back in then turn the camera on.

pascal

I hope your camera is not dead. ML has been working fine apart from a few freezes on my 5D3. Wish you good luck man.

AdamJ

I tried the removing the battery and card about a dozen times and nothing happened.

I kept trying and then finally... it came back to life.   It appears to be working normally now and hasn't happened since.

Not sure what happened there but the camera is now fine.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone  :-)

Adam

GregoryOfManhattan

Quote from: AdamJ on July 15, 2013, 11:21:44 PM
I tried the removing the battery and card about a dozen times and nothing happened.

I kept trying and then finally... it came back to life.   It appears to be working normally now and hasn't happened since.

Not sure what happened there but the camera is now fine.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone  :-)

Adam
AdamJ - glad it is working fine now - it is very strange when power does not come on - was going to advise you to continue trying and to pull the battery in between each attempt.

I ran into this "no power with or without cards" issue last week on a 5D3.
Started when i inserted a blank 128GB sd card.
Camera would not start without a card (flipping power switch did nothing).
Tried various other cards, pulling the battery.  Tried sd-card only, tried cf-card only. 
Eventually camera started with a cf-card with magic lantern.
This took less than 10 minutes of real time - seemed to be resolved when i went through the cf-cards one after another, pulling the battery in between (also tried waiting 30 seconds with no battery).
Have not been able to reproduce the issue and the 128GB card works fine (not sure if i had formatted it ExFat before all this happened).