5d3 Raw Video Has No Audio

Started by spearfrenzy, July 11, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spearfrenzy

I feel like im missing something. Im running the most current software using a komputerbay 64gb card and recording 1920 raw no problem. Also doing 720 60fps no problem. But there is no audio .wav files anywhere. I can record a .wav file in the audio menu by its self but not while recording. I turned FPS override on and enabled separate .wav file recording and still no audio files. Can someone walk me through the steps needed to get audio working? I have scoured the internet and can't find anywhere anyone talking about how to make it work.
Thanks

1%

It got taken out of raw_rec. It only synced with 25p, until we can amend that its a bit pointless. However 5D3 is one of the only cameras that can record wav + raw at the same time at any decent frame size. Maybe 5D2 as well but I'm guessing only for non zoom modes.

spearfrenzy

Well that makes sense. I thought I was going crazy... Hope you can get it straightened out. I could really use at least a scratch audio file that will easily sync to the video file. Don't need it in crop mode (although ill use this a lot for wildlife). Just full frame hopefully in both 24fps and 30fps. The improvements over raw and H.264 are amazing! Excellent work im amazed!

dude

Which was the las Nightly with Audio?
I live in Pal Land, so it s ok for me

dadinio13

a1ex

It didn't sync at 25fps either. It just happened for one particular case (it's pure luck).

spearfrenzy

Quote from: a1ex on July 12, 2013, 07:41:41 AM
It didn't sync at 25fps either. It just happened for one particular case (it's pure luck).

A1ex do you think its fixable? Is it something we will potentially see working in the future?

a1ex

It's hard, lookup my previous posts.