60FPS slow motion

Started by aaphotog, July 09, 2013, 05:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

I have two questions.
I recorded some footage in crop mode and had the canon menu set to 60fps@720p. When I etracted the dngs using raw magic, it said 29.97fps.
I couldn't figure out why I was unable to record in 60p. If anyone else has the same issue, the answer is that crop mode doesn't allow 60p.
Now, my first question is, is there anyway to record crop mode using canons 60p mode, or will it be possible, to record a higher resolution than 1920 vertical without crop mode in the future?
My second question is... The aspect ration wont ever allow for a 2:35.1 when shooting 60p. So the image they say is squeezed as the vertical is alot less(like 500 something). Is the actually recording it squeezed so that when I stretch it to 818 vertical it would be a normal size, or when I stretch it to 818 will it actually be a lot longer looking than it would if I were to just naturally record it at 1920x818 (24fps)?

core_32

I can't shoot 60p in crop mode too (5d3), It switches to 30p. May be there is a reason for this limitation, may be not...
Yes the 60p image is squeezed, you should stretch the height to 161% in post.

hjfilmspeed

Did you try fps override. Crop modes default and 29.976 even in 23.976 mode. using crop mode you need to have fps override enabled to get away from the 29.976 fps. dont know if that work in 60p mode though.

aaphotog

Yes, you can not do 60p in crop mode. I figured it out. And it fps over ride won't go anywhere near 60fps