Pomfort ClipHouse

Started by iaremrsir, July 08, 2013, 09:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueIndigo

Happen to see this mentioned on No Film school: raw software called ClipHouse (to copy, manage, colour, export) which it is claimed can also handle ML raw files. Costs $49 for a yearly renewal or $129 for a permanent license:

http://pomfort.com/cliphouse/index.html

Here's the No Film School item I found it from:

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/12/introducing-pomfort-cliphouse-raw-processing-software/

You can try it out for free. I think it's Mac only.

arrinkiiii

Thanks, see this also yesterday !!! It's good to see people develop software with ML in mind  :D

Africashot

Too bad it is Mac only...
ML 5D2 & T3i

arrinkiiii

Yes, indeed =(( just notice after download it and see the .dmg file

TrueIndigo

Me too. Although I'm Mac at work, it's Windows/Linux at home where the ML stuff is done. Shame.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: TrueIndigo on December 08, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
Me too. Although I'm Mac at work, it's Windows/Linux at home where the ML stuff is done. Shame.

Always will be something that is not alright... F*#%$& !!!

dpmaia

Midphase

Couple of questions:

1. Does it support .mlv?

2. Can you export as CDNG? How about Compressed CDNG?

Thanks.

jose_ugs

Operating System    Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher... for those of us who're sitting on a Win 7/etc...

PressureFM

Could we leave the "Waaah, not my desired platform" out of this, please.

I wonder why they haven't made any videos showcasing their supposed superior solution handling Cinema DNGs.

Nonetheless, I just downloaded it and will give it a swing as soon as the missus is out of the house.

Update: Whenever I try to ingest any .DNGs from Magic Lantern the application crashes. It takes whole .RAW files though, so you have to combine files that are >4GB before ingesting them.

hjfilmspeed

i would jump for joy for the windows version!

mva

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on December 10, 2013, 09:31:06 AM
i would jump for joy for the windows version!

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Windows version?

Africashot

I still feel it needs to be said: "Waaah, not my desired platform"!
ML 5D2 & T3i

Malex

When you go on their download page you see all the softwares that they make, and it's only mac download...
so I guess they won't be making a windows version.

hjfilmspeed

I dont know about that. and since this is about raw processing not mac raw processing its a valid subject to this topic to talk about platform. I would assume we will see a windows version some day because i believe they work with digital bolex and i assume the d16 is not a mac cam so eventually we could see something.

Alex Stroud

I'm having the same problem as was mentioned by PressureFM. Whenever I try to import, I get the Ingesting box, and then the program goes unresponsive.

vickersdc

Quote from: Alex Stroud on December 31, 2013, 02:12:38 PM
I'm having the same problem as was mentioned by PressureFM. Whenever I try to import, I get the Ingesting box, and then the program goes unresponsive.

Same for me too - just sits there ingesting and I have to use Force Quit to close the program down.

Trying to ingest ML .RAW files on a Mac running Mavericks if that helps?

DV.
Farnham360: my personal video project for 2014... http://www.farnham360.co.uk
Learn the basics of Davinci Resolve 10 Lite by following the tutorials at http://www.davidvickers.co.uk
Twitter: @DVMediaPro

kunle

I had the same problem, the only way I could use the application was by right clicking on the raw file in finder and opening it with cliphouse. I actually like the application but the price is a bit too expensive for me.
Canons 5D MK III and 60D all with ML, Samyang 35 mm f/1.4,Samyang 85mm, Tamron 17-50mm vc, canon 70-200 L f4, Sigma 10-20m, SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4.Sigma 50mm f1.4 art, Canon 24-105mm.

hdclip

Hello!!is there a tool like PomfortCliphouse but for Windows????????
ThankĀ“s!!!!!!!!
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

hjfilmspeed

Expensive? compared to LR, ACR from PS, or AE its decent IMO...............ahhhhh WINDOWS PLEASE!...Sorry couldnt help myself it. It looks so fun and simple. And the potential to handle native ML RAW. Awesome!

hdclip

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on January 22, 2014, 05:18:10 AM
Expensive? compared to LR, ACR from PS, or AE its decent IMO...............ahhhhh WINDOWS PLEASE!...Sorry couldnt help myself it. It looks so fun and simple. And the potential to handle native ML RAW. Awesome!
? ? ? ? ? ?
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

iaremrsir

No windows version for now. Most likely not for a while. At the moment your best option is Resolve.

hjfilmspeed

Quote from: iaremrsir on January 23, 2014, 06:53:37 AM
No windows version for now. Most likely not for a while. At the moment your best option is Resolve.

Ok thank you sorry to pester but it just looks so nice. thank you anyways!

tillkrueger

being that the last post about ClipHouse is over 2 years old, has everyone given up on this solution?

i just found out about it, downloaded the trial version, and find it to not only not work for me, but also rife with strange bugs...even ignoring the display bugs, i don't seem to be able to import a clip...scanning my CF card it doesn't find any, even though it contains a number of mlv clips...is this software dead?

NitromanX

I found the exported files to be rather soft compared to MLRaw Viewer.

I wrote to Pomfort and indicated it would be fab if they supported ML but they said they had no current plans. I think they see ML and a hack and not a serious format. Shame, as their software Pomfort Cliphouse could be fantastic if it worked with ML and output sharp files.