Raw File Recovery - Auto Power Off

Started by upthinklab, July 06, 2013, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthinklab

Although I was aware of the auto-power off issue when recording with the RAW module, I had my 5D3 set to 8 minutes because most shots average less than a minute or two. However, I recently shot a clip that was over 8 minutes not thinking about my power settings. As you would imagine, the camera powered off mid-recording and I'm left with a 20+gb raw file that doesn't load into RAWMagic.

Although I already consider this shot lost as a result of user error, I wanted to reach out to the community to see if there are any ways to extract the data. I imagine it would be possible if I could somehow edit and embed the correct header and footer information into the file that was severed during the auto power off.

Auto-power off is now fully disabled.  ;D

Thanks in advance.

superswift

I have a similar file at 4gb that i would love to figure out if there is a way to recover. Its labeled as a .RAW file but raw2dng and RAWmagic both don't recognize it. Wondering if there is any known workaround.

superswift

found our answer... worked perfectly for me... just have to replace the footer in the hex code as outlined here... http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5732.msg47898#msg47898