Premiere pro coloring

Started by aaphotog, July 05, 2013, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

Ok, working in Premiere Pro CS6, I have Magic Bullet Colorista II?
In MB Colorista they have 'secondary' category which allows you to select the skin(by color and tone using a key) and applying whatever colorista settings you want to it, or you can invert the skin selection and apply the setting to the surroundings instead.
My question is, when applying a LUT(using lut buddy or something) is there a way to only apply this LUT to only the skin or the scene(without the skin)?
I don't want to use a 'mask'(where you draw an oval or circle shape) as it's not as acurate and the composition changes and the person moves to a different area of the image, then the mask will be off.

romeus

I'm not sure about that but I think in colorista there is an option to show the skin mask , so  Duplicate your layer then in colorista turn your  layer to display the skin mask then you this layer as a substactive layer ( mode substract)

aaphotog

so the subtracted layer would be UNDER the LUT layer, and the skin coloring layer would be UNDER the subtracted layer?

romeus

I forgot to mention that you must duplicate it twice so you'll have 3 layer
when you use subtracted layer you will have a video without skin ....you must put the third one under the other layers

aaphotog

Quote from: romeus on July 06, 2013, 03:46:27 AM
I forgot to mention that you must duplicate it twice so you'll have 3 layer
when you use subtracted layer you will have a video without skin ....you must put the third one under the other layers
Ok, I'll try that and get back to you

aaphotog

no matter where I put the lut, its still changing the person that I keyed with colorista