Massive "dead" pixels, DigicV, FPS Override

Started by 1%, July 05, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

So 5d3 seems to be the only DigicV that can do FPS override without updating from EVF state. I limited timer A to fix banding like 5D3 and it seems to have gone down/gone away. However shooting dark stuff at higher ISO last night I noticed massive amounts of stuck pixels in the shadows.

My theory is that when timer B is at one value for extended periods of time this is the result. Canon is constantly flipping it "naturally" so perhaps this is necessary for the sensor. A possible fix could be flipping timer b +/- some tiny value from update to update. Would this screw up overall frame rate? Thoughts?

1%

Danne

a1ex

Overriding the shutter speed via ADTG may help. The sensor maybe just doesn't like a duty cycle of almost 100% (which is what you get with low-light FPS override).

hjfilmspeed

I cant wait for this ADTG thing what is it exactly please tell!

KelvinK

I know the topic is old, but didn't find any solution here how to get rid off from dead pixels when using low light FPS override. At least it still exists in last tragic builds (4 april) for 6D. And you can't remove them using cs2x2.
Any solution?

Cheers.

PS: i didnt get those pixel in older builds (2013).
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

c2s07

Hopefully you don't mind the bump, but I'm interested in hearing whether it would be possible to fix this persisting problem with today's knowledge and experience. I just tried it with the most recent build, and it's still present.

Would you like me to post a video of me operating the camera, where I enable FPS override and adjust the related settings, all the while filming the camera's LCD screen and the button panel? This way, ML developers without 6D could see what the problem looks like exactly.