60d installation blues

Started by falkor, July 05, 2013, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falkor

updated firmware to 1.1.1
extracted the latest release
transferred all files over to the root of the sdxc (64GB) card

upon update, the d60 reports "update file cannot be found, please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again"

which stays on until i pull the battery.

the 2nd attempt, i left out the other .firs, and only included the -
-ML folder
-60D-111.fir
-autoexec.bin

which had the same outcome report as the 1st time.

any help is appreciated
thanks

Walter Schulz

Make sure you followed all steps as described here: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install
EDIT: 64 MByte cards are not usable for setup your camera. This info is from this very installation guide, too! Step 1, third item. ;-)

Ciao, Walter

falkor

ok
thanks.
this reminds me of when i dual booted win98 with redhat 6.1 and windows couldn't be in a partition (using the term) behind redhat...it had to be primary...

either way, i only have a 2GB spare card, sort of glossed over that part about 32GB being the limit
thanks again for the support.
i did read the 'read me' and .pdf (re-reading that now), and watched a few videos.

by the way.
is there a way to partition the sdxc card to make a / and a /boot partition, also creating a /home or other directory for files ?
this might solve the 64GB limit.

you did mean GB and not MB right ?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: falkor on July 05, 2013, 12:59:53 PMeither way, i only have a 2GB spare card, and that won't help me aside from learning ML.

Sorry, but again: Please read the installation guide. You missed some information ...
You will be able to use your 64 GByte (my wrong, sorry) but you have to run first installation steps from your 2 GB card.

Ciao, Walter