Group Buying Proposition of a new cheap untested CF card 1000X 64GB

Started by moroz, July 04, 2013, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moroz

Hello,
Two weeks ago i contacted a Chinese manufacturer of Compact Flash.
The seller claims that their plant manufactures a very (veryyy) similar cards to the Lexar CF cards.
She told me that the price for a 1000x , 64 GB sample card is 118,7$ ; and the price will be lower if we purchase 10 pieces and more.
Here is the link and the specs of the card:
http://hootel.en.alibaba.com/product/730031040-215853235/high_quality_1000X_CF_card_32GB_150MB_S_work_SLR.html
I really want to test this card but I'm not so excited about spending 130$ on a piece of junk.
So what I propose is a call for everyone to contribute to the purchase of this card. (We can pay, for example 1 to 3$ per user)
If  A1ex , Audionut, g3gg0, nanomad...AGREE, we can send them the money via paypal , they can order the card directly and we will wait for their final test.
Please let me know if you are ok with this procedure
Thank you

aaphotog

Quote from: moroz on July 04, 2013, 03:44:27 PM
Hello,
Two weeks ago i contacted a Chinese manufacturer of Compact Flash.
The seller claims that their plant manufactures a very (veryyy) similar cards to the Lexar CF cards.
She told me that the price for a 1000x , 64 GB sample card is 118,7$ ; and the price will be lower if we purchase 10 pieces and more.
Here is the link and the specs of the card:
http://hootel.en.alibaba.com/product/730031040-215853235/high_quality_1000X_CF_card_32GB_150MB_S_work_SLR.html
I really want to test this card but I'm not so excited about spending 130$ on a piece of junk.
So what I propose is a call for everyone to contribute to the purchase of this card. (We can pay, for example 1 to 3$ per user)
If  A1ex , Audionut, g3gg0, nanomad...AGREE, we can send them the money via paypal , they can order the card directly and we will wait for their final test.
Please let me know if you are ok with this procedure
Thank you

says the minimum order is 10

moroz

@ aaphotog
Quotesays the minimum order is 10
who said this ?
i contacted her and asked for a sample. she said ok
they are looking for resellers. so play this card

aaphotog

Quote from: moroz on July 04, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
@ aaphotogwho said this ?
i contacted her and asked for a sample. she said ok
they are looking for resellers. so play this card
It says it clear as day at the link you posted

FOB Price:    US $ 140 - 170 / Piece | Get Latest Price
Port:    ex work shenzhen
Minimum Order Quantity:    10 Piece/Pieces no
Supply Ability:    1000000 Piece/Pieces per Week no
Payment Terms:    L/C,D/A,D/P,T/T,Western Union,MoneyGram,Paypal, Escrow

Edit: then again, you asked for a sample. Either she didn't understand you, or she's willing to sell you a single unit to sample

By the way. These are $140 each with a minimum order of 10. The komputerbay are 10 dollars cheaper and there is no minimum order. Why take the chance?

moroz

@aaphotog
didn't i tell you that i contacted them ? please forget about what is written on the website.

if those cards are really  similar to the Lexar,  this will be a cheapest (and maybe better) alternative  to  KOMPUTERBAY !

moroz

@aaphotog
QuoteThese are $140 each with a minimum order of 10. The komputerbay are 10 dollars cheaper and there is no minimum order. Why take the chance?
because if the 118$ sample is better than Komputerbay,  we will have a 1000x 64GB CF at around 100$ to 105$ (for an order of 10 pieces)

QuoteBy the way. These are $140 each with a minimum order of 10.
again please forget what is written on their website
the seller told me : "118$ for the sample, and price is lower for 10 pieces and more"

aaphotog

Quote from: moroz on July 04, 2013, 04:50:08 PM
@aaphotogbecause if the 118$ sample is better than Komputerbay,  we will have a 1000x 64GB CF at around 100$ to 105$ (for an order of 10 pieces)
again please forget what is written on their website
the seller told me : "118$ for the sample, and price is lower for 10 pieces and more"
Seems odd to me that they have a price for 10+ cards, yet they are willing to sell it to you cheaper for ONE card?
And if I'm not mistaken, I think komputerbay uses Lear parts??? Maybe the company is just another komputerbay. Same rejects?

moroz

QuoteMaybe the company is just another komputerbay. Same rejects?
highly  probable... the seller insisted on the similarities between their technology and lexar's but didn't  go into details
QuoteSeems odd to me that they have a price for 10+ cards
i introduced myself as an ebay reseller  ;)

Steven

It is common practice to sell one item as a sample to an interested customer.