Canon 70D - dynamic range dream

Started by danifoto, July 04, 2013, 06:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danifoto

The new "split photosite" tech in this sensor makes me wonder if someone may introduce some "dynamic range expansion" mode similar to those found in Fujifilm cameras with an EXR sensor...
I was talking about this in another forum and emerged that in theory could be possible if (that's a big if) the camera supports an electronic shutter.
Ok, my rational side keeps telling me that the camera has just been announced ad it's way too early to think about any additional feature, but wouldn't be so nice having a lot of DR to play with even when you have to shoot all those fuzzy things that never settle down?

that1guyy

danifoto

Quote from: that1guyy on July 04, 2013, 08:19:41 AM
I doubt it. Keep dreaming man.

Sorry, but instead of dreaming, time to do a good job with available cameras   :)

renowilliams

I'm looking forward to seeing some video from the 70d. Time will tell, if this is going to be a good crop sensor camera.

ilguercio

I love when people use their imagination for a CAMERA!
Just wait until we got a review to read, i am pretty sure it won't be your life's best surprise anyway.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

AriLG

Have you seen this video ? not too shabby, if you ask me... (no moire AND enhanced dynamic range)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ZdkUt-kBwI
(if you ask me, I like this kind of dynamic range which is - artistically, at least IMO - more appealing then a full blown dynamic range. ie. EVERYTHING in the background if fully registered - color and brightness wise)

I think 70D and ML would be a CRACKING combo  :o
T3i (main), T2i
------------------
It's not about accuracy,  it's about Aesthetics

globalphotobank

the 70D is great focusing is fast unless you use the zoom function in live view, then it hunts and seems blurred.