Recording RAW at 30FPS?

Started by aaphotog, July 04, 2013, 12:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

I just recorded a bunch of clips. I had FPS override set to 23.976, but for some reason, when I extracted the dngs and brought them into after effects, it automatically showed my footage being imported as 30fps. I have changed this to the desired fps, but is there a reason that its displaying 30? I believe the camera is recording my clips at 30fps, is there a program that will tell me what fps the raw footage was shot in?

EDIT: Raw2ng(the gui for mac) used to show the information for the raw that it was converting. with the 0.13 build, it no longer does. Any idea as to why?

kgv5

It is 30 by default. Right click >interpret footage>main>enter 23,976 (or anything you want)

Go to preferences>import>sequence footage> enter 23,976

You can check your clips via for example mediainfo app.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

aaphotog

Quote from: kgv5 on July 04, 2013, 12:14:58 AM
It is 30 by default. Right click >interpret footage>main>enter 23,976 (or anything you want)

Go to preferences>import>sequence footage> enter 23,976

You can check your clips via for example mediainfo app.

I did that already... come to think about it, it may have been on my other computer, though.

spider

No program can analyse the time difference between the frames, but raw2dng show the fps while converting. But it will show the same as the camera.

aaphotog

Quote from: spider on July 04, 2013, 12:18:50 AM
No program can analyse the time difference between the frames, but raw2dng show the fps while converting. But it will show the same as the camera.
thats what I used to see, but I didn't see it this time. I also didn't look until the conversion was done. Maybe that's why

Just tried to convert another file, and while it was converting all I see in the raw2dng app was "file supported"