Canon EOS 70D (RAW possibility)

Started by proXify, July 02, 2013, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomJ

Been sick as a dog (playing with sick kids..., go figure), so have been isolated for a few weeks. Check in and WOW, people have already funded? Damn..., NICE! I'll put what I can in (not working, but money where the mouth is kind of thing).

As far as AF, the 70D shines on glidecam, here's a quick sample clip: http://youtu.be/YkU5LiOVcVI

(Not sure how to properly imbed with BB code?)

maitimaus

How long do you think you need to move Magic Lantern to the sweet 70D? :)

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

atonal

Quote from: nanomad on March 31, 2014, 06:26:40 PM
I was thinking of doing the port using a blog to track down every action I do, and having at least one follower doing the same things would help quite a bit

Is the blog happening? At least I'm interested in reading how the porting goes, and perhaps learn a thing or two about the ML internals too.

nanomad

I don't even have the camera in my hands yet :)

I'll make sure to update everyone when I get going :)

The blog is something I'm strongly convinced I should do, if nothing to help me keep track of what needs to be done (both for the 70D and for "ML" internals).

Does anyone have suggestions for a small blogging engine? Even something without comments is fine (I''m thinking of using the forum for that)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

X-STATE

I think that the forum will be enough.
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

Garreth

Quote from: nanomad on April 23, 2014, 04:51:14 PM
I don't even have the camera in my hands yet :)

I'll make sure to update everyone when I get going :)

The blog is something I'm strongly convinced I should do, if nothing to help me keep track of what needs to be done (both for the 70D and for "ML" internals).

Does anyone have suggestions for a small blogging engine? Even something without comments is fine (I''m thinking of using the forum for that)

I think that the best would be just wordpress. You'd have plenty of possibilities if you would like to make it something more than just a place for notes of progress, but it's still quite simple to use from scratch.

And I hope that you won't get tired or annoyed with all these questions about the progress.,,

siloxr

I'll second wordpress.  You can even host it for free at wordpress.com.  You can basically just select your theme and run with it (or just use the generic theme they give everyone to begin with).

gutsi

Hi folks.

I just bought a 70d. Even without ml it's a great piece of equipment.  I will donate as soon as i finish paying it  ;D.

We have a great community here.

Dark-Master

Holycow!

There's something going on here! ha!

Magic Lantern is what keeping me to Canon..... 70D + ML will be something beyond imagination!

Pelican

It could be more convenient if this thread can continue in the new ports section.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

satriani

Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

nanomad

Please continue the discussion on the other thread (linked by satriani)