Canon EOS 70D (RAW possibility)

Started by proXify, July 02, 2013, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

globalphotobank

Still watching and waiting for development. ;D ;)

eLem3ntx

Yep ;) something new out there?
Just about to buy the 70d but only with ML. Using it on the 600D and makes the cam awesome!

TomJ

Quote from: eLem3ntx on March 20, 2014, 08:55:12 AM
Yep ;) something new out there?
Just about to buy the 70d but only with ML. Using it on the 600D and makes the cam awesome!

I would not hold my breath. It will be quite a long while for ML for the 70D. I tested the pre-Alpha on the 650D and that made it a REAL camera. Sell the 600 and get a 650 if you can find one, but avoid the 70D if you're buying it for ML. These guys are busting ass on as many fronts as they can and until Canon comes out with a FW update and a developer comes up with a 70D to hack, we're just gonna have to wait. Wish there was something us common folk can do to help things along, but there really isn't and constantly asking when it's coming probably gets tiring to these guys.

If there was something that people like us can do, something tangible and real and that helps ML along for the 70D, I know we'd all jump on that ship this second!

Garreth

I'm grabbing my 70D today, I'm not sure how many things from ML I'll be missing, but if there will be something I could do (I mean something which will not destroy my brand new camera;) ) to help with the development to this dslr, then please tell.

globalphotobank

I used ML on a 60D, never once did I hesitate. My 60 was stolen with the memory card ect ML goes onto the memory card and in my opinion I would put it on my 70D with out hesitation, because anything that just gets loaded on to a card, really cant destroy a camera. I simply took out the card and battery one time when i received an error, That was it.

Jakobmen

I tried to do it, time is not on my side to learn coding.  we should buy one for alex..  8) http://j.mp/PXcR5H
Canon 5D3

TomJ

Quote from: Jakobmen on March 21, 2014, 12:56:21 PM
I tried to do it, time is not on my side to learn coding.  we should buy one for alex..  8) http://j.mp/PXcR5H

Might be well worth it if enough people understand how valuable their camera's are with ML and how much more expanded its capabilities are and we can all pitch in a certain amount to get him one. And the few cases of beer it might take to sway his attention to this instead of the stupid 5D and all... :-)

Marsu42

Quote from: Jakobmen on March 21, 2014, 12:56:21 PM
I tried to do it, time is not on my side to learn coding.  we should buy one for alex..

Afaik he doesn't want to maintain all cameras himself. He also wasn't interested in a sponsored 6d as the ml devs mainly do the coding for themselves and he already has a superior 5d3. Maintaining another camera like 70d would be a lot of hassle, and €1000 as a "payment" for months of qualified work is of course out of the question.

Face it, you most likely won't get ML to the 70d just by coughing up some $$$ but only by finding a qualified, motivated platform maintainer :-o or maybe you can try your luck with someone else than alex.

nanomad

I may be willing to help, but I unfortunately can't afford a 70D nor do I feel the need to.

If you guys agree I can have a look at the firmware to at least guess the feasibility of the port.
I need a cr2 taken with it and uploaded somewhere
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on March 25, 2014, 08:32:18 AM
I may be willing to help, but I unfortunately can't afford a 70D nor do I feel the need to.

Actually I was really thinking of you, looking at how much work you put into ml and how cheap your gear is, you should either get a job :-p or apply for a sponsorship ... with a camera as moderately priced as the 70d, it shouldn't be too difficult to get the $$$ together. You just would need to pledge to port ML and be the 70d maintainer for (insert timeframe here).

sydneybreeze.com

I have a 70D and can get you the fw dump if you guys have some basic instructions for me.

Plus I'd be willing to put down 1/3 of the cost of a 70D. Someone else with me on this?

nanomad

Turns out I already got all I need to get the port started without a camera. But thanks for the dump offer
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on March 25, 2014, 06:08:23 PM
Turns out I already got all I need to get the port started without a camera.

With this kind of attitude, no wonder you're still stuck with a 1100d :-p

But thanks for the dump offer

Btw sharing roms w/o the recipient owning the camera is something we never do here. ever. really :->

TomJ

Turns out I already got all I need to get the port started without a camera. But thanks for the dump offer

Can we send you a case of Guinness perhaps?? :-)

X-STATE

nanomad, a lot of people will be sincerely grateful. 70D great camera. Its autofocus in video mode is awesome. If the opportunity arises to install ML and shoot RAW without pink dots this is just a phenomenal experience.
translated using Google translator, sorry :)
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

Jakobmen

Quote from: X-STATE on March 26, 2014, 09:48:16 AM

nanomad, a lot of people will be sincerely grateful. 70D great camera. Its autofocus in video mode is awesome. If the opportunity arises to install ML and shoot RAW without pink dots this is just a phenomenal experience.
translated using Google translator, sorry :)

Thanks nanomad
Canon 5D3

sydneybreeze.com

Thanks nanomad. Make sure to let us know if there's anything we can help you out with.

satriani

nanomad is as always ready to help
Good guy :D and I'm ready to help you if you need it ;)
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

Jakobmen

Quote from: satriani on March 28, 2014, 11:35:00 AM

please =)
Canon 5D3

globalphotobank

Canon c100 gets the dual pixel censor upgrade same as the 70D check out the hands on review. Now to make the 70D similar to the c100.
http://philipbloom.net/2014/03/28/c100autofocus/

nanomad

So, little status update on the 70D:
Good news first:
  - Got most of the stubs
  - Got some constants

Bad news:
  - Audio API has changed once more. This time stubs hardly match.
  - We probably need new hooks to hide some canon stuff in LV

Right now all is left needs a camera for more than a couple of hours. I'll probably push the 70D branch next week but I doubt it will be in a usable state (maybe hello world of a bit further than that)

X-STATE

Quote from: satriani on March 28, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
Well, thank God, will be a good team!
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

solafson

Go Nomad!  I will send you a bottle of whatever you drink.

I'm ready to buy another 70D body as a second camera for video... RAW would be delightful!

NonScio

So what's the deal?

Is there a fund to donate to for the 70D RAW?