70D: Rumors and speculation.

Started by Yuppa, June 27, 2013, 09:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuppa

Looks like the 70D is coming next.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/06/canon-eos-70d-spec-list/

Anybody care to speculate as to card dope: type, speed, dual?

Both the "serious" and "jokesters" (you know, class 6 SD max, can't use UHS...) welcome.
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

1%

Will it have dots on the raw you can't turn off from the "fancy" af?

Doyle4

Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus interesting..... Canon finally doing something new  ;)

primemultimedia

Had an interesting chat with the Canon rep about 70d that was just announced. If you haven't heard, it has 2 different pixel arrays, so while it shoots 20.2mp it actually has 40+mp in the sensor. My rep was very interested to see if ML would be able to hack the 70d to allow full use of the 40+mp. The camera uses digic 5+ so it is possible in theory I suppose.

Also interesting that he brought up magic lantern before I even mentioned it to him, and he seemed genuinely interested in it's development.

Walter Schulz

Hmh ... Let's dream on: HDR-on-a-chip? Run one part on ISO 100, the other on 400?

Ciao, Walter

Audionut

70D press release.
And some stuff from Canon Rumors here.

Some info on the dual pixel cmos here.

vroem

The sensor is 5472x3648. So LV raw would max out at 1824x1216, that's 1824x1026 in 16/9.
Pretty close to 1080p.

But to get continuous shooting at 40MB/s (Canon's "UHS-I") we would need to crop to something like 1427x760 @ 24fps. That image circle would have a bit above 2x crop factor.