Smallhd ac7 + 5d3, problem resolved?

Started by N.Mendes, July 02, 2013, 12:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.Mendes

Hello all, i've heard that having a samllhd monitor is useless when using a 5d2, due to the 480p resolution while recording..
Is there the same problem with the 5d3? I mean, while recording, can we have more than a 480p resolution (thanks to the hdmi output maybe) or no?

If no, which monitor can allow more than a 480p resolution?

Thanks all..

squig

The MKIII outputs 1080p. I've got an AC7 arriving this week, if there's any problems I'll let you know but as far as I know it works fine.

N.Mendes

Thanks Squig, can't wait for your feedbacks, have a nice day!

Oh, and one last thing, does it work fine with the "Ml Raw"?
Maybe it decreases the speed wright?

And in order to have a 1080p output in lcd, you must download the last "canon" firmware (the 30 april one, which allow an uncompressed output), does that firmware work with the last ML build ?

Thanks all!

kukysimon

i just got the AC7 OLED smallHD and having major issues , overlay is showing incorrectly and often other things happen, which i do not yet know the words/vocabulary for, so i made a site with annotations on the bottom right ....

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4GdFryYGiUHps

click on thumbs to view full images with full annotations, sorry its one of those easy made websites with photo stream, i cant control the layout...

aaphotog

Quote from: N.Mendes on July 02, 2013, 08:17:32 AM
Thanks Squig, can't wait for your feedbacks, have a nice day!

Oh, and one last thing, does it work fine with the "Ml Raw"?
Maybe it decreases the speed wright?

And in order to have a 1080p output in lcd, you must download the last "canon" firmware (the 30 april one, which allow an uncompressed output), does that firmware work with the last ML build ?

Thanks all!
you don't need canons latest firmware to get the 1080p hdmi output. The new firmware allows you to get the 1080p output with NO OVERLAYS so that you can record that output. But as far as viewing, you can do so with the one the ML works on which I believe is 1.1.3

N.Mendes

Thanks Aaphotog for your reply,

@Kukysimon, did you resolve your problem with your smallhd?

Can you have a 1080p monitor signal whilie recording raw?

Thanks all!

kukysimon

Hi,... i was wondering if you can add your problem to this link, it seems there are dozens and dozens of people who started threads and topics about issues with external monitors , but these are all over the place and consequently no one thinks its an issue since they show up only one at a time in this very big haystack of threads. i started a thread at the developpers page addressing it to alex, in the hopes he can make this more priority, there is a vote and a follow option, if you wouldn't mind adding yours there as well, may be alex can then see how many people really do work with external monitors and have a hard time not seeing crop marks the right way and other issues:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1582/crop-bars-for-external-smallhd-oled-7-7

i would really appreciate your effort, may be we cann all get together on those many issues with external monitors..

BR
Kuky