MLV Conversion in Windows 7

Started by pacman829, November 19, 2014, 08:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacman829

I just shot a decent amount of footage on 5d3 raw and am trying to find the best converter to get reliable results in converting a couple hundrred gb worth of mlv raw footage...

I used to use RAWanizer back when the original raw-rec module was introduced but it seems like thats not a realistic option anymore.

Can someone point me in the right direction to a btach mlv converter (hopefully with a GUI)?

RAWmagic for mac seems like the best option, but i'm on windows ...
5mkII User

dmilligan

have a look at the sticky threads in this subforum...

chmee

mlrawviewer, raw2cdng and the mlvfs-derivate (from g3ggo and maybe the one from dmilligan as well)

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

pacman829

I had looked at the stickies, but since there were literally hundreds of pages I thought it might be wiser to ask for some direct expertise from some of the more seasoned users.

Anyhow, I ended up using the MLV Converter 1.9.2 for WINDOWS but noticed that the audio files don't seem to link the right way to the footage.
When i look at them in Resolve it shows the audio separately instead of identifying them as part of the videos.

This is weird to me, since when i've had someone convert mlv's on a mac before (using rawmagic) they worked fine in Resolve.

Also, I noticed that they automatically get conformed/converted to 23.976 instead of their original framerates.

Is there a way to fix this ?

5mkII User

chmee

use another converter, that implements audio-metadata and framerate accordingly (fi raw2cdng next version, today or tomorrow)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]