Can't install ML2.3 on ExFAT 16GB SDHC card

Started by pipkato, June 30, 2013, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipkato

I'm trying to install ML2.3 on a 16GB Sandisk Ultra card formatted in ExFAT but can't seem to get  it to work.  I want to get the extended recording time, hopefully up to 16GB, on this card.

I think I'm following the instructions correctly, but when I put the card in my 600D and select 'Update Firmware' I get 'Cannot find the firmware update file' message.

Here's what I'm doing:

1.  Format the card in Disk Utiity to ExFAT

2.  Run Macboot in 'DSLR boot' mode and 'Prepare' the card.  Everything seems to run fine and I get a 'success' message.

3.  Using Finder copy the unzipped files from ML2.3 to the card.

4.  Put the card in the 600D, prepped for ML install, turn it on and select Firmware Update.  It can never find the update file.  So I remove the battery and start again. Always the same result.

The only thing I find strange is that the other FAT32 card I normally have in the 600D has ML 2.3 already installed, and when I put in the new ExFAT card my Canon Firmware shows 1.0.2-ml-v2.3.  Should this ML firmware be displayed even if I've removed my ML card?

Thanks.

Audionut

The newer raw recording builds will automatically split the recording files on fat32 cards which can be joined in post.

This thread should have details.

pipkato

Thanks Audionut.

I'll take a look and see how it works.

However, my interest is purely in extending recording beyond the 4GB limit.  I  have no real interest in RAW on the 600D.