Other ways (shortcut) to record RAW with mk2???

Started by LeeKelly, June 27, 2013, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeKelly

I just did my update to ML and I am excited about the potential.
I am comfortable with most aspects but find it a little annoying to record RAW, going through the menu etc instead of just hitting a button.
Does anyone know if there is a special, secret shortcut or button to instantly begin and stop recording RAW without having to activate it in the menu each time?

g3gg0

doesnt the latest versions support config files?
didnt try the official nightlies, but i think alex added that.

my version (https://bitbucket.org/g3gg0/magic-lantern) has XML-based config files per module.
you just have to add the xml_cfg module and all module settings will get loaded and stored.
it also supports different profiles per module. see modules tab.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

LeeKelly

HA!

What language was that???
I get lost with all that computer speak ha ha

g3gg0

ok, let me translate:

> no button, this is experimental
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

LeeKelly

Well if any of the legends designing this magic reads this, I am sure I am not alone when I say having a button assigned to record RAW would be a great help. Also, whenever I switch off, I have to re-activate raw again the the module menu. With raw being such a big reason we all loaded ML on the camera, once you go raw youre not likely to ever want to go back.
I have only put this on today with no time for real world tests for myself but i am interested to see how my cards/buffer will go and if I can configure a 16x9 kind of frame instead of a widescreen 235.1 or whatever it is. (although I do love that and matches my epic ws mode)
Lots to learn.

g3gg0

yes, we are aware. yet this code is experimental and to test what is possible.

Audionut

Quote from: g3gg0 on June 27, 2013, 12:25:10 PM
doesnt the latest versions support config files?
didnt try the official nightlies, but i think alex added that.

Yes he did.

Works fine here on a 5D3.  Autoload the modules on boot, the configuration gets saved.

Turn on the camera in video mode, hit the magic button, raw video!