64GB Komputerbay 1000x CF card rising!

Started by aaphotog, June 28, 2013, 12:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

I have yet to buy one. I didn't really want to spend the money as my 600x sandisk worked. Problem is, my card is only a 16gb.
Now, I was ready to purchase the komputerbay card, and it's went up $30 in the last month!

http://www.amazon.com/KOMPUTERBAY-Professional-COMPACT-FLASH-Extreme/dp/B009JCL55Y

They're $130 now. WOW!

5D3shooter

I dont remember the 64GB model ever being $100

jasonp

I bought two 64gb, one on May 12 and the other May 16, and they cost $106 each..$130 is quite a significant increase..

mageye

Please stop the hysteria. Yes it seems that the price is more now than when I purchased around mid May.

I think they realise that they have a competitive product.

I bought my 32Gb Komputerbay 1000x card (from Amazon) for £51.00

I just did a search and it has gone up in price. But I wouldn't say to extortionate amount.

Now the price is £55.00 (with delivery).

Make your own mind up if people should be outraged by a card that still represents excellent value for money.

I.M.H.O. of course ;D

EDIT: Also I think people buying in US $'s should really consider themselve's lucky that they don't have to pay the inflated prices we have to pay in places like the UK.

The Komputerbay 64GB card is advertised as £96.00 in the UK if you convert that to USD that comes out at $146.22

(I also had to pay considerably more for my 5DMKII. The list goes on. I won't bore you)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Danne

Quote from: aaphotog on June 28, 2013, 12:54:24 AM
I have yet to buy one. I didn't really want to spend the money as my 600x sandisk worked. Problem is, my card is only a 16gb.
Now, I was ready to purchase the komputerbay card, and it's went up $30 in the last month!

http://www.amazon.com/KOMPUTERBAY-Professional-COMPACT-FLASH-Extreme/dp/B009JCL55Y

They're $130 now. WOW!

Probably have to compensate for their not so fast 128Gb cards ;)

Audionut

5D3shooter

Supposedly the Komputer Bay CF cards don't work in the D800 and that's why they had to sell them so cheap to begin with.

But they got lucky that all the Canon guys started using them, so I guess they had to raise to price a lil. 

aaphotog

At this rate, they'll be the price of Sandisk in no time. I went ahead and bought one yesterday, it'll be here Tuesday.
I'm quite scared. You've got some people who bought the 64gb cards and they weren't fast enough, then you've got many others who had the 64 cards that worked fine and after a couple of weeks they just went bad and stopped working. Hope I get a good one.