Any new updates yet?

Started by aaphotog, June 27, 2013, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

Has anyone come up with a software or some way to playback the native RAW files from these cameras yet?
Something like this vimeo video shows(or something in like a VLC player)
https://vimeo.com/67542994#comment_9394519

Also, has anyone come up with a solution to use native raw files in adobe(premiere/after effects) OTHER than Ginger HDR plug in?

g3gg0

the same restrictions apply to raw video as to raw photos.
those are not meant for direct viewing and require post processing.

so i dont think someone is going to make a file reader for vlc.
but who knows....
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

aaphotog

Quote from: g3gg0 on June 27, 2013, 10:38:30 PM
the same restrictions apply to raw video as to raw photos.
those are not meant for direct viewing and require post processing.

so i dont think someone is going to make a file reader for vlc.
but who knows....

I guess I'm the only one who believes it would be nice to view shots before editing...
Would be cool to find the keepers and throw aways without having to pull them all into premiere/AE...

by the way, I can view raw photos without photoshop/lightroom

g3gg0

it would be helpful of course.
but especially since the file format is not considered stable, not many groups are developing stuff for it.
this might change as soon the "final" format has figured out.
there are a lot of theories how to design the container format so that writing data is most performant.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

aaphotog

Quote from: g3gg0 on June 27, 2013, 10:45:26 PM
it would be helpful of course.
but especially since the file format is not considered stable, not many groups are developing stuff for it.
this might change as soon the "final" format has figured out.
there are a lot of theories how to design the container format so that writing data is most performant.
I can understand that. I hope the individual who uploaded the vimeo video I posted above releases what he claims he's come up with. He came here, showed it working and has since uploaded a 2nd video showing it working and disappeared. smh

fatpig

as of now just use batchelor to make a cineform proxy plus a dng sequence, or make cinemadng manually.

aaphotog

Quote from: fatpig on June 28, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
as of now just use batchelor to make a cineform proxy plus a dng sequence, or make cinemadng manually.
thats a lot to do for EVERY clip, only to find which ones I do or don't want to keep. Especially given the sizes.
If I went through that trouble, I might as well start the edit.

dude

mageye

@aaphotog

What (I think) you are in need of is pretty much the same as what I was speculating about. My suggestion was a very simple RAW trimmer (or editor) but also thought a preview function would help. I explain it in the linked post. I would love to see this happen. Check out my little post:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6773.msg55180#msg55180
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7