Bulb Ramping - Limit Max ISO

Started by adamchicago, January 13, 2013, 06:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamchicago

Is there a way to limit the max ISO when bulb ramping.  The bulb ramping worked great in my test but final shots were so grainy I could never use them in a final timelapse.

Thank you.

Adam

Francis

Set the AutoISO max in the Canon menus.

adamchicago

Thanks for the answer that's a huge help:) 

Will ML know to ramp the ISO up to the max ISO across the entire timelapse sequence or will it ramp up as normal and stop at the max ISO regardless of where in the sequence it is?  If the latter is true, will that effect the smoothness of the overall brightness curve?

a1ex

If the max ISO and the time between two shots are too low, the image will be underexposed.

adamchicago

Anyone know how to set max ISO on a 5D MK2? ...for any of the picture modes such as manual??

After an hour or so of manual reading, Gooogle searches and online chats I cannot figure out how to do this.  Other Canon cameras seem to have 3 red menu options of which max ISO exists but the 5D MK2 has 2 red menu options and neither includes this option and no matter which shooting mode you're in.

a1ex

You can't; on old cameras, max ISO is 1600, which is optimal according to http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/isos5dmkii/index.htm .

adamchicago

Bummer you can't do it from the Canon menu but that would be an awesome option on ML:)

King Harry IV

I would love that feature too! Especially for Cameras like my Eos 500D/T2i where you can´t change the max ISO in the Canon Menu.

a1ex

Just increase the interval. You will not get any less noise by decreasing ISO.

Also take a look at this: www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5705

King Harry IV

But this will still set the ISO higher in some cases doesn´t it? Sure noise will increase if it increasing the ISO

a1ex

a1ex

These guys did not change only ISO, so this doesn't count.

King Harry IV

They did just changed the ISO for each shot

Audionut

How did the exposure remain the same?