Auto-Exposure in ML

Started by Ollive, June 24, 2013, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollive

Hello... I am using ML since a few days on Canon 50d. I am from germany an so my english is not the best for understanding anything by myself on ML menu. So I hope somebody can help me...

On 50d wheel is set to "m" but the exposure will be corrected automatically. Means... when I point the camera to darker fields, the aperture goes more open to light up the picture, when I go back zu lighter fields the aperture goes smaller to darken the picture. Even when the button on the lens is on "mf".

And what confuses me much more is... neither the ML display notes the changing apertures nor the Canondisplay shows it...

I want my 50d to keep the exposure even when the light changes...  what must I do?

acid2006

My English also is not so good...but what happens if you try to hit the block exposure button ( little star at the top right), and after that you will hit the rec button?

ikoniq

I have the same problem, my 50D is in M mode, I've set FPS overide to 23.976 and my exposure to f/4, 1/50th, ISO 200 but when I hit record, the display info seems to indicate that the shutter changes automatically, and I can see from the live view that the exposure has adjusted automatically. 

I have Gradual Exposure OFF, Expo Lock OFF, Expo Presets OFF and Expo Override OFF too.

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong?

Also, the FPS Override doesn't seem to work because when I import the files to Resolve, it seems like they were recorded at 30fps.

ikoniq

Oops, just figured it out ... I turned Expo Override ON and my exposure settings were maintained.