[IMPOSSIBLE] Higher Resolution Raw Video for Timelapse

Started by lederschnautz, June 23, 2013, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lederschnautz

Hi there,

FPS Override combined with Raw Video is just brilliant for Timelapse. However, the resolution calls for perfect framing and leaves no space for digital zooms in post while keeping 1080p.
Wouldn't it be possible to record  at higher resolutions at really low FPS? I'm not a 4K troll, this would only be for timelapse where the higher resolutions could be really helpful.

Thank you for this great piece of software.

Doyle4

Quote from: lederschnautz on June 23, 2013, 03:43:56 PM
Hi there,

FPS Override combined with Raw Video is just brilliant for Timelapse. However, the resolution calls for perfect framing and leaves no space for digital zooms in post while keeping 1080p.
Wouldn't it be possible to record  at higher resolutions at really low FPS? I'm not a 4K troll, this would only be for timelapse where the higher resolutions could be really helpful.

Use photoshop RAW camera to upscale, thats the best option :)

Danne

Quote from: lederschnautz on June 23, 2013, 03:43:56 PM
Hi there,

1920x1280 is max in rawmode. You could always shoot stills but guess you knew that already

lederschnautz

Thanks for your answers.
Quote from: Danne on June 23, 2013, 04:37:27 PM
1920x1280 is max in rawmode. You could always shoot stills but guess you knew that already
So is this resolution a technical limitation of the raw feed via liveview?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

tobi_ml

Is there any possibility for example changing crop position (I know this would be no solution for moving objects) in LiveView ? Like the old "High Res"-silent pictures?

1%

Yea, its like 2 or 3 shots to get the whole image that way.

tobi_ml

For '4k' (3840 x 2160) you would exactly need 4 crops.
Is there already a automated version for this (and if yes, where can I find it in ML)?