5d mkii Video setup.

Started by Doyle4, June 23, 2013, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

smmudge

Thanks - makes interesting reading for someone who has not used video very often... the question I have though, is can ML do "follow focus" or "auto focus" on the 5DMkii? I can see all sorts of references to rack focus etc. but get the feeling this is not (yet) possible. Am I correct? Cheers.

Doyle4

Quote from: smmudge on June 23, 2013, 03:57:18 PM
Thanks - makes interesting reading for someone who has not used video very often... the question I have though, is can ML do "follow focus" or "auto focus" on the 5DMkii? I can see all sorts of references to rack focus etc. but get the feeling this is not (yet) possible. Am I correct? Cheers.

Follow focus is possible, its in the ML menu, you use the zoom buttons i think or the stick to focus in and out  :)

Proto

Quote from: smmudge on June 23, 2013, 03:57:18 PM

If you are serious about making videos, you wouldn't want to have the camera do any sort of auto-focus or auto-anything really. You would want to have control over the focus. But I'm still learning magic lantern, and anything seems to be possible.