Vegas: Delivery (Output) Codec is messing with quality!

Started by grooveminister, June 23, 2013, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grooveminister

Hi all,

got my first sucess recording MLraw with my new 5D3 and I´m still on Vegas Pro 11.
I tried the Cineform workflow which is superfast for first experiments and tha image looks superb 1:1 in Vegas, but when I render to SonyAVC (20 Mbit/s) it looses a lot of the original quality.

I was trying mostly fixed shots with not much movement, but when it looks perfectly sharp on the monitor when editing, it looks oversharpened and a bit smeared in Sony´s MP4 output.

MP2 looks a bit better - but:
Do you have a good tip for me?

If you have a workflow of outputting uncompressed and using another (external) encoder to get good results, please let me know!

Best Wishes,
Andreas

Shield

Can you export to XDCAM EX?  Should be the bottom option, and will render like a 35MB mp4 file.

grooveminister

Thank you, good point - but I was looking for a MP4 output that also runs on devices like e.g. the PS3.
I guess for exchange purposes XDCAM would be best...

jahmannnn

il faut utiliser avc ----internet 1080p-------
regler sur 50mbs de moyenne et 135mbs en maximum
avec ce reglage la qualité devrait etre correcte

vous pouvez augmanter jusqu a plus de 100mbs de moyenne pour etre sur de garder tout les détails

avec 20mbs c'est normal que la qualité soit mediocre

grooveminister

Hi jahmannnn!

I can read french, but not write - so I post in english:
Thank you for the tip - did you use Sony AVC or the other AVC codec provided with Vegas?
I use Vegas Pro 11 and the SonyAVC codeq becomes unstable and quits when rendering larger settings than 20 Mbit/s.

grooveminister

@jahmannnn: Yes! Thank you!

I found out that MainConceptAVC in Vegas Pro 11 is now working properly - it was crap in Pro 10.
50 mbit/s MP4 output is fine!