Timelaps Question

Started by swinxx, June 18, 2013, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

Hello,

today i shot my first timelaps video sequence.. puh.
i adjusted the intervall to shoot every 5 seconds, and the slowest shutter to 0.5seconds. the picture preview time was 2 sec.
everything worked as expected, but after about 5 minutes the intervall o meter suddenly changed to Shot every 1h50min...?
perhaps it was a bug? i had to turn the power off to start from the beginning.

when shooting, the mirror is always working, like when shooting a photo..
so my question is: is it possible to shoot silent, without mirror up down?

when i shoot many timelaps sequences, and i always shoot photos, perhaps 30x90 = 2700 photos..
if it would be silent, wouldn´t that leave the photo mirror counter lower..

thx.

brapodam

You can use silent pics with auto ettr and post deflicker. However I don't really know how to use it properly. When I use it, post deflicker drops the exposure too much and that drops all the shadow detail. Also, the recent changes to make powersave more aggressive when using silent pics breaks auto ettr since the screen does not wake in time to give auto ettr enough time to adjust exposure. This means you have to disable screen off in powersave, which, for time lapse, heats up the camera very quickly, resulting in a very noisy image.

You can try using this raw video mod http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6451.0 with auto video exposure. I haven't tried it, but I've tried auto video exposure with H.264 video for time lapse (with fps override), and it works well exposure wise, with no visible flicker.