Raw batch through adobe media encoder

Started by Danne, June 16, 2013, 07:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I just fooled around with trying to export the raw via the ginger hdr direct import plug-in (demoversion) and come up with a way to use adobe media encoder to batch-export to any format from within adobe media encoder.

By adding the ginger plug-in folder to the adobe media encoder plug in common folder, the same way it,s done when adding it to the premiere pro folder. I can simply drag and drop all the raw files to the encoder making all the settings from there. Awesome!

Somebody made a tutorial how to create a ProRes template here. Rather slow but he gets the point out, eventually :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFpfuv7HCvQ

eyeland

What are you converting the RAW to? DNG? or straight to video?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

Danne

ProRes mostly, but you can do tiff, jpeg, png aswell. Not dng though

Farmwalker

ML .RAW in Adobe Media Encoder batch conforms a treat!!! ProRes 444 mmmmmm hmmmmmm...

Ginger HDR rocks! When demo licence expires im signing up.

D

Grifter

very handy sounding.
How long would it take to convert say 1 minute of raw to a high quality h.264 (or something else) with a half decent machine?

AnotherDave

AWESOME!

I've just started testing it all out.  There is one issue though, how can you adjust the white balance of the .raw file? Is there a way to add a log-gamma lut to it?

Thanks.

Danne

Nope, don,t think so. I just use it for proxyconversion. Later I do a master and replace with after effects composition and start doin whitebalance and som gamma correction in acr with my dngfiles