[ANSWERED] Can ml hook just before & after Canon takes a picture?

Started by Marsu42, June 16, 2013, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

I'm trying to add "EC on M" to the auto iso module - so far so good, it's basically adding/substracting some shutter or aperture and setting it (thanks for figuring out round_shutter...), respecting some limits. Problem is:

If I modify aperture/shutter in M mode, it immediately shows as if the user would have set it and doesn't work as ec in tv/av. So I have to correct the exposure value before and after taking the shot. Is there a way to "wrap" the Canon shot with ml functions, i.e. hook before and after it? If not, I'd have to try half shutter as before and somehow shoot task as after, but I don't think I'd get this to be really reliable :-\

a1ex

Before: no, other than polling half-shutter. You could dig into the state objects, but you can't change settings from there (well, I couldn't).

After: for ETTR I use the quickreview mode.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on June 16, 2013, 03:36:34 PM
Before: no, other than polling half-shutter. You could dig into the state objects, but you can't change settings from there (well, I couldn't).
After: for ETTR I use the quickreview mode.

Thanks, I'll use your method then, now I understand why you did it like that :-o