How to detect SHOOTMODE_C ?

Started by Marsu42, June 15, 2013, 03:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

I want to detect if the dial is on (one of the) C settings, but at least on 60D shooting_mode isn't detected SHOOTMODE_C but  the original mode saved as C, in my case SHOOTMODE_AV ... how do I manage tell C (i.e. AV saved as C) from real AV?

Btw sorry to be a bother but some things don't work as I expect and then you people who are more in depth with the code are likely to be able to help...

a1ex

PROP_SHOOTING_MODE is M, Tv, Av, C1, C2 and so on.
PROP_SHOOTING_MODE_2 is M, Tv, Av, M, Tv and so on.

Currently ML is using the second version (so it doesn't know about custom modes at all, unless you add a prop handler).

I'm not sure you can register new prop handler from modules; I believe you can add new handlers for properties that were already registered in the core.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on June 15, 2013, 03:48:34 PM
PROP_SHOOTING_MODE is M, Tv, Av, C1, C2 and so on.
PROP_SHOOTING_MODE_2 is M, Tv, Av, M, Tv and so on.

Currently ML is using the second version (so it doesn't know about custom modes at all, unless you add a prop handler).

I'm not sure you can register new prop handler from modules; I believe you can add new handlers for properties that were already registered in the core.

Ok, thanks, I'll just add another handler in the core then, might also come in handy for other people sooner or later.