650d/T4i no lcd shoot settings page

Started by baga, June 13, 2013, 12:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baga

I noticed that the LCD shoot settings screen doesn't come on when turning the camera on, holding the shutter button halfway down or after shooting and photo review is just a quick flash.  The memory card light slowly flashes constantly until you turn the camera off.  I think it happened after I updated some of Canon's other software not the  firmware yesterday.  I didn't notice it yesterday because the only shooting I did was through EOS on my laptop so I never looked at the camera screen.

This is what I updated.

ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 for Mac OS X                     05/17/13      47.90 MB
  EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.1A for Ma...      05/08/13      112.48 MB
  Digital Photo Professional 3.13.0 Updater for M...      04/01/13      87.84 MB
  EOS Utility 2.13.0 Updater for Mac OS X 
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

baga

I can get the screen to come up sometimes by hitting the "Q" but not often.  Usually that screen stays black.  I have the version of  ML installed that A1ex sent me back in May.  No nightly builds tried since before that point. 
When I updated the Canon software it required me to keep the camera plugged in.  That's what makes me feel it was one of those updates.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

baga

OK here is how I fixed the problem.  I completely removed ML and installed Canon's new firmware.
Everything seems fine now.  No ML installed.