Getting extra buffer stars

Started by MattBicePhotography, June 14, 2013, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattBicePhotography

Hi all, I am on the june 8th build, 5d3, and I can't get any extra buffer stars. I read through all the long threads but couldn't find anything. Is this a 5d2 only feature? When I put in the custom modes I don't have control over all my settings. Any help?

1%

Use the memory hack on 5d3... it should work and be in modules.. .make sure quality is raw... it is a NON 5D2 feature AFAIK. I haven't gotten it to work on a single Digic IV.

MattBicePhotography

Ok I got it to work. I think my problem was I was running the ML firmware off the same card I was writing to. I switched to an SD card, and let me CF handle the rest. I now have 6 stars in C1, and am shooting 1080p perfectly. Thanks a lot! I can't find my 5d3 manual, I think it may be at my office. Can I set the custom menus to behave like M?

MattBicePhotography

I guess it is functioning like M. This is a lot different from what I was experiencing last night.

MattBicePhotography

For anyone wondering. I am shooting with a 5d3, KB 64gb card, 6/13 build. ML is on a sandisk SD. I am getting 1080p with no frame skipping, global draw 100% on, and framing center. This is awesome!!!

I should also add that I am getting 6 stars in M now, no need to use c1.