Kickstarter Campaign

Started by krashnik, June 11, 2013, 04:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKVariance

My interest is in expanding ML and expanding awareness so we can tackle the challenges in firmware with sharper minds, more focus, and finding that enables all of this to happen.

I doubt you will find sharper minds anywhere than those that are involved in this project; considering the speed and volume at which changes are introduced, not to mention the significance of those changes, it would be foolish to hinder such progress by "expanding" ML in a manner that has little to do with the spirit of the project.

AnotherDave

I think that if developers want to donate their time, the ML team has made it very easy and open for them to do so.

This sounds like the brainchild of a person begging for work, and the admin should probably delete this thread.

0xAF

Quote from: AnotherDave on June 11, 2013, 11:24:08 PM
This sounds like the brainchild of a person begging for work, and the admin should probably delete this thread.

Keeping it here will do better, for any further attempts to make money from ML.
// AF

SDX

This thread won't be closed or deleted for the reason of this being a silly idea.

Anyways (I'll put this into bold and underline):

It is fun!

It is fun to hack around with those cameras, to discover what other have made and dream of what might be possible. It is fun to sit in front of the code for hours, consuming far too much coffee, just to solve that one, little, annoying thing which absolutely doesn't work like you want it to. Others waste their time solving sudoku or a crossword! Same thing!

Nobody here has any interest in monetization of the project, or "buying away" the fun of developing.

g3gg0

we really need support in some things.
but it is our rule set to be
a) non-commercial
b) self-financing
c) non-profit
d) spare time project

within these rules, feel welcome to help :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Gobian

I just need to say that I love the spirit of this project/team and I hope you never change guys. I wish I knew how to code to help more on it, and it is not actually to get a better firmware/version but to keep feeling that we are here just for the love of it. :)
[SIZE=1]6D | 550D | Canon f4/24-105mm IS USM | Canon f4/70-200mm USM |Canon f1.8/85mm | Canon f1.4/50mm |Tokina f2.8/11-16mm |

ItsMeLenny

Can someone lock this thread?

Oh whoops: Didn't read up, it got tl;dr

ItsMeLenny

In fact, new proposition:

Can we turn Magic Lantern into a cult?
I am a former cult leader who likes to help anything that is not a cult become a cult.

squig

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on June 12, 2013, 05:10:49 AM
In fact, new proposition:

Can we turn Magic Lantern into a cult?
I am a former cult leader who likes to help anything that is not a cult become a cult.

I think Red have pretty much got that covered.  :D

pascalc

Sharks are cruising around

Malcolm Debono

Krashnik, it's quite clear to me that you're new to the ML community. I've been here for quite a while now, and one of the things I love most about this community is how passionate team members are about what they do (be it developers, mods, etc.). That is what truly keeps a community running, not funding (although that doesn't mean that it isn't important).

Quote from: squig on June 12, 2013, 05:31:23 AM
I think Red have pretty much got that covered.  :D

LOL  :D
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!