Any UI help needed?

Started by jaybirch, July 08, 2013, 09:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybirch

Hi ML team.

Just wanted to put it out there them I am a UI designer, so if you ever need help with the graphical side of things, just hit me up. I spend most of my day designing for iphone, Android and other small screen apps, so the DSLR screens should be easy enough. I would work for free, of course.

I'm sure you are plenty busy on other stuff, but maybe once the dust settles, we could work on making ML even smoother.

All the best, Jay.

g3gg0

hey welcome here :)

thanks for your offer, we really need helping hands here and there.
the only problem for a nice gui is the missing rich UI library that not only paints lines,
but also can do acellerated bitblt.

yeah, with EDMAC we have really fast DMA transfers, but a) there is still no library for doing that
and b) we cannot rely on the EDMAC channels being free whenever we want to paint GUI stuff.
but maybe we can find out a way how to exclusively allocate EDMAC channels/connections without
disturbing the main firmware.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

a1ex

You mean, for animations?

I would keep the EDMACs for image processing. I actually prefer a GUI without flashing effects, even if it may look a bit old school. For current menu, plain memcpy with CPU is very fast, and far from being the bottleneck.

jaybirch

As with most creatives.... I'm a bit slow with the technical stuff. So alot of that went over my head  :D

All I mean is that if you ever want to make the thing look a bit more polished, like the Canon UI or an iPhone app style... I could help out by providing graphics, icons, a style sheet etc.... in psd, png, vector files, whatever the system can take.

The current UI is fine, for me.... It does what is required, but some people really respond to a slick UI.

Just a thought...

a1ex