5D MkII - Not enough memory

Started by semenov, June 01, 2013, 12:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semenov

What I have to do if my camera haven't enough malloc memory? (I don't understand what does it exactly means)
Every funcs of ML are turned off, DryOS is good, card is good and so on, but I have only 109k.
I am awfully sorry for my ignorance - I has been absent from informatics when I was in school)
There is some pics to make you understand me. They can say more.

Guys, I really need help! It would be so kind of you helping me.)

mvejerslev

I see the same figures, Semenov. Perhaps someone in the know will comment if we can get more mem, or why we have a warning that we have to little memory.
5D Mark II, PC

semenov

I will pray that if it is not hardware bug :-\

a1ex

Did you read the yellow text from your screenshots?

Hint: "would be nice" != "hardware bug"

semenov

mvejerslev

Alex, to be fair, the little yellow text actually states 'not enough memory' in the debug menu. Its only natural to think that there should be more available.
5D Mark II, PC

semenov

I have newer version of raw recording and now it saying "Frame size not multiple of 512 bytes!"
I really can't understand, what does he want?))
What about memory... now is 103k avalible via malloc

I tried to install nightly builds (without raw you know) and there everithing was good.

hawkish

Quote from: a1ex on June 01, 2013, 04:02:35 PM
Did you read the yellow text from your screenshots?
Hint: "would be nice" != "hardware bug"

a1ex, o mastermind
I#m on 5D2(1000xKomputerBay, most recent NB) too, (re-mailed You before, on this identical memory restriction)
I'm reaching max 357 frames at 24fps. >> now, following Roman's comparison board,
5D2's should be able to perform "1728x972 Max res for 24p continuous rec", inspite of this memory warning -
is this correct? And if so - i couldn't find any ressource on this topic here - is there maybe something like
a  basic 'requirement/settings list' how-to set up a 5D2 for continuous RAW recording. Would be very helpful,
i could imagine for other 5D2 users, too...sorry for pestering on something that was maybe discussed elsewhere, here...
5D2, KomputerBay 1000x etc

Lukasz

Wanted to add to this discussion. I have 5d2 with two lexar cards: 16gb 400x and 64gb 1000x. My 16gb 400x card is reaching max 45MB/s and 64gb 1000x just topped the righting speed with 08 June build at 56 MB/s. I tried everything somewhere in the way I found out that custom mode in my camera will increase recording time till the buffers fills up ( but filling it up anyway, first stable setting was around 1880x706 which for 1000x card is very poor achievement I assume) but when I confronted it with other forum members it seemed like it worked only for those of us who only had bad righting speeds in the first place. For cameras which had writing speeds around 65MB/s and up, it does not have any effect which also can be some kind of hint. After few question asked and hours spent reading forum post I assume there is only so much that can be done regarding in camera settings to increase the buffer speeds and after reading A1EX post: "would be nice" != "hardware bug" I am starting to loose hope. Could any of devs or knowledgeable persons on this forum can confirm it for those of us with poor MB/s that this is only a random thing and 5d2 in different hands can perform totally different results and it is in now way quantifiable and nothing can be done about it???

a1ex

"Would be nice to ..."

What's the problem? An error message doesn't start with "would be nice" ;)

Lukasz

Quote from: a1ex on June 09, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
"Would be nice to ..."

Knowing that You know makes me calm and hopeful again :D

semenov

Quote from: a1ex on June 09, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
"Would be nice to ..."

It is very good, but does it mean that different bodies have or doesnt have ability to make raw video?
When I tried a nighty build there was no problem...
May be it is module bug?
Of how can I clear memory? :o