Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdfaisal

Quote from: davidtlong on July 27, 2013, 01:54:14 PM
Sorry for all of the posts in a row.  I see that some have had problems with the 64 gig card.  I was going to try this today.  Don't really see why it would not work.   Utube has an example and the only different right now for us is how the fir file is copied to the card.   Thoughts?

Dave

I dont have a trouble with 64 gig card.  Ive formatted my card to exfat so i can record more than 4gb files.  Im using a slow card,  32mb read and 20mb write.

X-STATE

Hello everyone!
Many thanks to developers!
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

vgoncharov

hi all, I'm looking forward to the emergence of adaptive ML 1.0.4. All developers are well done, great ML ;D

OpenMind

Quote from: nanomad on July 23, 2013, 03:00:32 PMmore news in a couple of days :)
It's been 5 days already!  >:(
I don't want to rush, but I only have valium left for a few days.

*Just a little tease to relax* :D
Canon: 5Dc, 650D. EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 1.4x II, 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye, 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm f/1.8 II, EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX, Sigma: 12-24mm f4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM

33black

Okay, so I just noticed this today when filming an audition for a friend of mine.  I did some research and I guess it's due to FPS override?

I went to record and it said "Audio disabled."  I also have the FPS override on.  Am I correct in saying that's why?

Why exactly is it like that anyway?

ItsWhiteHat

Can someone clarify something for me please. In the original post it says:

QuoteWhat's currently not working: Everything audio related plus a couple of features that require more button than what we have

Does this mean that I'll not be able to record audio through my Rode Videomic Pro, if I plug it into the camera microphone input, after I install MagicLantern. My first time using ML, just want to know this before installing.

Thanks!

qmilloy

Quote from: ItsWhiteHat on July 29, 2013, 02:55:05 PM
Does this mean that I'll not be able to record audio through my Rode Videomic Pro, if I plug it into the camera microphone input, after I install MagicLantern. My first time using ML, just want to know this before installing.

The Videomic Pro will work fine! One of the nice features of ML is the addition of audio meters.  This feature is currently not available on the 650D.  So audio related things not working does not mean you will lose audio recording capabilities, just that there are no added audio features available!

nanomad

Quote from: 33black on July 29, 2013, 08:44:44 AM
Okay, so I just noticed this today when filming an audition for a friend of mine.  I did some research and I guess it's due to FPS override?

I went to record and it said "Audio disabled."  I also have the FPS override on.  Am I correct in saying that's why?

Why exactly is it like that anyway?

You are correct, FPS override means no audio. This is due to the way canon embeds the WAV track into the MOV container. One possibility (that's not working on the 650D right now) is to record a separate WAV track using ML when FPS override is enabled

BTW, the 104 hit a bit of a halt due to my workload.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mike1969

Quote from: nanomad on July 29, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
You are correct, FPS override means no audio. This is due to the way canon embeds the WAV track into the MOV container. One possibility (that's not working on the 650D right now) is to record a separate WAV track using ML when FPS override is enabled

no please do not say that
i m on the edge of depression
you are still our hero ;)

ItsWhiteHat

Quote from: qmilloy on July 29, 2013, 04:42:01 PM
The Videomic Pro will work fine! One of the nice features of ML is the addition of audio meters.  This feature is currently not available on the 650D.  So audio related things not working does not mean you will lose audio recording capabilities, just that there are no added audio features available!

Thanks for clearing that up. Time to install ML now. Luckily I did not upgrade my firmware :)

Luarvic

Кто-нибудь пробовал запустить ВФ на русской прошивке?
Anyone tried to run  ML for Russian firmware v. 1.0.1?

Walter Schulz

There is no russian firmware. You may choose among several languages in the menu for firmware 1.0.1.

Ciao, Walter

33black

Quote from: nanomad on July 29, 2013, 05:03:12 PM

Cool.  Thanks for clearing this up!  Those bastards, Canon.  Recording a separate WAV sounds like a legit option.  Do you know why they embed it the way they do?  Or is it just one of those things that, that's how they do it because it's bootleg.

Luarvic

C_you

Hello everyone!
So many thxs to developers! You are really great! :-*

Spooke

Thanks for this port! Was very easy to install, using a 32GB PNY Performance SDHC card - yet to test the speed..

I just want to ask, can we shoot in RAW? or am I being blind?

Thanks!!

spider

squilliam

Quote from: nanomad on July 23, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
I'm working on the 1.0.4 port, more news in a couple of days :)

You beautiful person!
(I'm secretly hoping it is released in the next two days, as I'm doing a beach photo shoot this weekend).

Rythmtech

---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

neilrobinson1988

Hi guys new to the forum, I'm running ML on my 650d not sure if its alpha or pre alpha,  has a built date of 2013-04-30
Just wondering if the new version has custom bracketing available as I carnt seam to get my to work, I go into scripts and brack.c and all photos come out the same.
Regards Neil

nanomad

Yes, latest builds have it included.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

neilrobinson1988

loady

Quote from: mattaz on July 25, 2013, 02:10:38 AM
I created a ML forum account just to say : awesome.

Just bought my first camera (650D) and upgraded the firmware before turning on my brain. ouch.

exactly the same here. lol

MarlonSenanayake