Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattaz

Quote from: nanomad on July 23, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
I'm working on the 1.0.4 port, more news in a couple of days :)

I created a ML forum account just to say : awesome.

Just bought my first camera (650D) and upgraded the firmware before turning on my brain. ouch.

mike1969

I'm working on the 1.0.4 port [...]
pleaaaaase!
you are our savior

Landon

Shedding tears of joy.   :')

30dbs

Thank you so much to all the devs, crop video mode is simply the best, what a simple and yet massive addition to the cameras abilities.

I managed to catch a cloudy full moon with it using just a 135mm lens. (remember to watch in HD)

NikeFreak

уже есть первый шаги.!!!
already have the first steps.!!!

[spoiler]Today's changes:
----------------

728e571a1276 | condellog: 650D.104: Stubs founds, some consts checked. Waiting for boot
ac3f8247a551 | alex: dual_iso: slower update when other menus are active; fine-tuned for less cpu usage (less accurate)
1f71148896cc | alex: Reduced CPU usage for black level calculation (using less accuracy)
aaf364feeff1 | alex: dual_iso: fix auto ISO calculation

platform/650D.104/mvr.h                     |  283 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
platform/650D.104/consts.h                  |  277 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
platform/650D.104/stubs.S                   |  242 +++++++++++++++++++++++
platform/650D.104/internals.h, platform/650D.104/gui.h, platform/650D.104/features.h,
modules/dual_iso/dual_iso.c, platform/650D.101/stubs.S, platform/650D.104/cfn.c, src/raw.c,
platform/650D.104/Makefile, platform/650D.104/Makefile.platform.default,
platform/650D.104/Makefile.setup.default, platform/650D.104/misc.c

14 files changed, 1136 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)[/spoiler]
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

lindor

Hello everyone, thanks for your work!!!
I have a problem with video crop. ( only with lens canon 18-135 mm and 100 2.8 macro... no problem with 28 1.8 and 50 1.4)
in low light conditions and with high iso ... there is a fixed dead pixels on the monitor for the entire shot.
below two example...

only with low brightness

in high light ...all ok

can you help?

thank you!!!

sorry for my english!!

spider

I played with fps override and changed fps and "optimized for"
After a long time playing with different settings the LV Picture freezed, but  osd and menu still worked.
So i turned the video mode off and on but now the LV gave me a black picture.

After putting the battery out the camera works normally.

heitzer75

I'm looking forward to the new ML-Version, because i bought a new 650D, and they have the FW 1.0.4.
Great job nanomad  ;)

newsense

I think a new thread for people that upgraded their firmware is needed. I used to like seeing the posts here but i'm tired of every post being people whining about how they upgraded their firmware. That's their problem, they didn't read previous posts. boo hoo.

heitzer75

Hi newsense,

i don´t upgraded my firmware, i bought this model with this version.

Best regards

NikeFreak

Quote from: lindor on July 25, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
I have a problem with video crop. ( only with lens canon 18-135 mm and 100 2.8 macro... no problem with 28 1.8 and 50 1.4)
in low light conditions and with high iso ... there is a fixed dead pixels on the monitor for the entire shot.
below two example...

only with low brightness

in high light ...all ok

can you help?

thank you!!!

sorry for my english!!

это нормально, на всех фотоаппарат такое можно заметить, при высоких исо будут видно битый пиксиль, если включить кроп мод то их видно еще лучше, в обычном режиме я их не замечаю.
it is normal for all camera so you can see at high ISO will be seen broken piksil if you include crop modes that you can see them even better, as usual I did not notice.
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

spider

Edit: Ok I found that it is normal on DIGIC 5 cameras.

Are these vertical stripes normal while using fps override and HiJello?

One cropped frame of an RAW Video@ ISO 100 and 2fps not pushed in post

cawahe

Thank you!! you are amazing. you gotta teach me how to program ML someday. It runs on C++ correct?

Walter Schulz

I'm not able to connect the dots and would really appreciate some help ...

Resolution in RAW movie mode is limited to 1728 pixel horizontal with 650D. Right?
Why I'm not able to select a higher resolution after decreasing fps?

Ciao, Walter

demetrisag

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 26, 2013, 08:07:43 AM
I'm not able to connect the dots and would really appreciate some help ...

Resolution in RAW movie mode is limited to 1728 pixel horizontal with 650D. Right?
Why I'm not able to select a higher resolution after decreasing fps?

Ciao, Walter
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but I know there is a definitive limit to the resolution which comes from the live preview.

Walter Schulz

<slapping forehead> Argh! Read about Liveview->RAW but forgot! Thanks!

Ciao, Walter

baga

Quote from: newsense on July 25, 2013, 09:46:55 PM
I think a new thread for people that upgraded their firmware is needed. I used to like seeing the posts here but i'm tired of every post being people whining about how they upgraded their firmware. That's their problem, they didn't read previous posts. boo hoo.

Easy, play nice.  Most of us didn't upgrade because we wanted to.  I wouldn't call it whining any more than when we all waited for the first pre alpha to come out months ago.  I for one was one of the 1st testers and after being forced to upgrade my firmware a few weeks ago I now feel like I've downgraded my camera and let the ML team down by having to upgrade my firmware.

Yes we all should read all post on the subject before posting.  What I see are people asking if it can and will be able to work with the new firmware soon.  If 50 people have the same issue but only one post about it what kind of priority does that make the issue?
Yes just posting "I have that same issue" would do.  Posting with more details is even better.

If we start a new thread every time someone thinks the topic has gone off track no one would ever be able to follow the progress and issues.  Without posting our issues in this thread about the new firmware how long would it be before it was worked on?  Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

You are able to just skip the post you are tired of reading?
Hopefully if you have an issue no one says boo-hoo to you start a new thread.

Almost all recent post seem to be thanking Nanomad for working on a fix so fast.
Again my thanks to Nanomad and the ML team.

Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

baga

Quote from: lindor on July 25, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
below two example...

only with low brightness

in high light ...all ok

can you help?

thank you!!!

sorry for my english!!

How did you ever find that?  What caused you to even look for it?  I'm just curious.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

davidtlong

Hi all,

Whew, been through all pages.  Quick question.  Is there or is there not a problem with shooting raw pics in terms of aspect ratios.  It seemed someone had a problem with this.

Any help on this would be great.

dave

spider

davidtlong

Thank you so much.  Just got my t4i.  Firmware ok to go.

Ok been using ml on my t2i , now to give on to my son who has a rebel pre ml.  So after years never thought about updates untill exploring for the t4i.  Wow upgraded the t2i, sniff looks great, if we can get the t4i there wow 2. 

I have been involved in many situations with developers.  Different products but have learned that they are special and here too.

Thanks to them.
Dave

Ps me with ml from almost day one. What great minds.

davidtlong

Pps. I got the t4i for various reasons.  Could have gotten the t5i, but following the discussions on this and me being a rebel so to speak I got thet4i.  We are talking real time and have not put it through its paces.  But I see  work is on for the t5i by our most overworked developer.  The t4i is history, so we must really support the efforts here.

davidtlong

Sorry for all of the posts in a row.  I see that some have had problems with the 64 gig card.  I was going to try this today.  Don't really see why it would not work.   Utube has an example and the only different right now for us is how the fir file is copied to the card.   Thoughts?

Dave

Lemon

REJOICE! :D

That's some really great news, can't wait to hear what's going on!

Train

I installed ML right after this thread was started, and now I want to put it on a second SD card. I'm wondering how much difference there is in the latest build, compared to the one from early June.