Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Added a 104 warning to the first post. I had been busy with exams and work :P
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Hip Hiker

Very excited to see ML is available for the 650D! Even if only in alpha. I have a question, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere already - I have searched around.

Does this version of ML include the auto-restart function that allows the camera to take longer movies? This is the only reason I need ML, but I heard a rumour a little while ago the future versions won't include this feature.

midnite

Guys, can we use 650d's hdmi port to record better videos directly into the computer? Anyone working on this? Tried it?

I just read this: http://www.hireacamera.com/blog/index.asp?post=canon-eos-650d--hdmi-explained

And i think ML devs can do something about it. (i don't know if it is possible to record raw via hdmi already)

kazeone

Quote from: Hip Hiker on July 07, 2013, 12:03:41 AM
Very excited to see ML is available for the 650D! Even if only in alpha. I have a question, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere already - I have searched around.

Does this version of ML include the auto-restart function that allows the camera to take longer movies? This is the only reason I need ML, but I heard a rumour a little while ago the future versions won't include this feature.

yes it does, I used it a few nights ago

phil_rouge

:( I want to test this version but My Canon 650D is already on 1.04 ! Argh !
Can I flash it to return in old version ?
:'(

Walter Schulz

As of today: Nope! You're stuck in limbo until ML is ported to 1.0.4.

Ciao, Walter

neilp1

Quote from: newsense on July 05, 2013, 07:29:44 PM
Auto ETTR is in the exposure menu if that build has it. I believe it should.

Turns out its a module- i downloaded a build for the 60D, then copied the ettr.mo file to the modules folder on the sd card. It now comes up in the expo menu, and seems to be auto exposing, and creating the .uwr files. Have yet to test it in a situation where im getting gradual exposure changes (like sunset)... maybe next weekend.

All i need to do now if figure out the software processing side of things- the guide gets a little incomprehensible in the software section with the bin files directories etc.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5705.0

cheers

Chuck J

Quote from: nanomad on July 01, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
The 650D has one less button compared to the 600D (I think)

I don't know anything about compiling code for the development of ML, but can a screen tap be considered a button or maybe a double tap?

foorgol

Quote from: neilp1 on July 07, 2013, 07:46:06 PM
Turns out its a module- i downloaded a build for the 60D, then copied the ettr.mo file to the modules folder on the sd card. It now comes up in the expo menu, and seems to be auto exposing, and creating the .uwr files.

Wait, let me get that straight:
You're using a module built for the 60D and it works on the 650D? Without doing anything harmful or at least make ML on the 650D crash or hang?

itsalan

How do you uninstall ML, do you just format the sd card?

neilp1

Quote from: foorgol on July 07, 2013, 08:40:10 PM
Wait, let me get that straight:
You're using a module built for the 60D and it works on the 650D? Without doing anything harmful or at least make ML on the 650D crash or hang?

Yeah, it seems to, although I haven't run a proper timelapse sequence or processed the files yet (the software part is confusing me) but it appears to be adjusting exposures and creating the uwr files. No hangs or crashes yet.

itsalan

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 07, 2013, 09:30:32 PM
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#how_do_i_uninstall_it

It says to simply format the card on that link.  I did, and now the camera says update file cannot be found. 

midnite

Quote from: itsalan on July 07, 2013, 11:17:37 PM
It says to simply format the card on that link.  I did, and now the camera says update file cannot be found.

Run EOScard.exe. Uncheck ML, CHDKraw, eos_develop, bootdisk then click save. Search the forums to find the exe.

orly

What can we do, if already upgraded with the 1.0.4 firmware.   Will we have a ML for that firmware...  Thank you   

moosefuel

I just want to say THANK YOU to nanomad and anyone who worked on this port. I shoot wedding videos and events for a living, and my T4i usually sits in my bag as my backup cam. The other day my A-cam got rained on and stopped working, and it was such a relief to have even the alpha of Magic Lantern on my T4i so I could use zebras, focus peaking and custom ISOs.

There were only a few glitches, such as when I flick the switch from video-mode directly to "off" I would sometimes get an error and the camera would freeze. However this is pretty darn stable for alpha software, and it stood up great for almost a whole day of filming.

I've been following the thread and thought I should just pop on and say good work and thanks for saving the day.

talosectos

Quote from: orly on July 09, 2013, 03:43:44 AM
What can we do, if already upgraded with the 1.0.4 firmware.   Will we have a ML for that firmware...  Thank you   

There is no way to downgrade to 1.0.1. So you just have to be patient.

phil_rouge

:-[ I'm so sad to be in 1.0.4 ... Thank's for all trying make ML run in this version !

baga

I was having some issues and the only way to correct it was to upgrade to 1.0.4, now I'm waiting too.
I know in time ML will work on 1.0.4 so I'll patiently wait.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

phil_rouge

I've send a email to Canon to know if I can downgrade to 1.0.2 I'm waiting their answer !

kazeone

Quote from: phil_rouge on July 09, 2013, 09:41:48 PM
I've send a email to Canon to know if I can downgrade to 1.0.2 I'm waiting their answer !

The answer to that question is no they do not have a downgrade even if you sent it into the factory, they can not downgrade from 1.04

moparfan90

hello everyone.

i have been trying to use the timelapse in ML. i did a couple short test runs and it works. when i do the real one. for 2 hours, stop the time-lapse. shut off camera and remove sd it wont read on my mac. after i get the error nothing will read the card including the camera and other windows computers.

all im asking is, could this be an issue with the software or just my card on the way out. i did the same setup the next day with the card reformatted and it happened again.

derwent

How long does it normally take to install the ML firmware? I followed the instructions perfectly but My camera has been sitting on "Firmware update program" for a really long time now ~20 mins

Walter Schulz

derwent