Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kzi2006

Shutter Speed tweak & graduated ramp VERY COOL!!! Thank you guys!
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

Lemon

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 02, 2013, 01:09:12 PM

Just an idea: Contact a Canon Support Partner and ask if they can downgrade.
Canon never made 1.0.1 downloadable for public.

Ciao, Walter

I contacted my Canon Support in Singapore where I live but they said there wasn't any way to downgrade my 1.0.4 even if I brought it into the shop (and mine's still under warranty). :(

Time to camp for that 1.0.4 build.  ;)

P.S. Could we have a nice big red notice on the first post to say not to update to firmware 1.0.4 (till 1.0.4 ML is released)? Just in case another blind guy like me doesn't know and messes up while reading the instructions.

dbeeson

Hi all,

I've been following the thread for a few months, now I'm ready to give it a shot with this alpha.  I have 2 questions with regards to installation, excuse my ignorance I just don't want to make any mistakes.

1. I'm using macboot on a mac.  When I open it, what exactly do I need to do? I have my sd card in the computer, I'm just wondering if I need to check anything before I click "prepare card"

2. Does it matter that I'm using Canon firmware 1.0.1?

Thanks again to everyone who helped make ML on T4i possible. 

Lemon

Quote from: dbeeson on July 04, 2013, 05:22:46 PM

Yes, as of now the Alpha Stage ML only works on 650D's running Canon firmware 1.0.1.

Some of us made the mistake of upgrading to the latest Canon firmware (1.0.4) which doesn't work with the current ML.

dbeeson

Great, thanks Lemon. I'll wait to hear about macboot and away I go!

mdfaisal

Quote from: dbeeson on July 04, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
Hi all,

I've been following the thread for a few months, now I'm ready to give it a shot with this alpha.  I have 2 questions with regards to installation, excuse my ignorance I just don't want to make any mistakes.

1. I'm using macboot on a mac.  When I open it, what exactly do I need to do? I have my sd card in the computer, I'm just wondering if I need to check anything before I click "prepare card"

checked the option: Make dslr-bootable and then Prepare card
firmware 1.0.1 is the only firmware that can run ML 650D

if you are using os  10.8 then you have to run macboot.command
http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macbootcommand.zip

Stevenbaril

I'm new to ML, and am wondering how to shoot RAW video. I'm using the latest build from Satriani.

newsense

Quote from: Stevenbaril on July 04, 2013, 11:21:50 PM
I'm new to ML, and am wondering how to shoot RAW video. I'm using the latest build from Satriani.

You need to load the Module under "Modules" and turn it on under "Movie"

demetrisag

Quote from: newsense on July 04, 2013, 11:38:28 PM
You need to load the Module under "Modules" and turn it on under "Movie"

he blind?

djxltecno

I'm sad not to be able to use ML for my mistake of upgrading to 1.0.4, can only compensate Swedish twins and a bottle of tequila  :-(

newsense

Quote from: demetrisag on July 05, 2013, 12:13:06 AM
he blind?

I was just being funny using the same font size as the persons question I was answering. I'm sure he's not blind if he has a camera.

Stevenbaril

Stevenbaril

BTW, not blind...just like to live life large!!! :P

newsense

Quote from: Stevenbaril on July 05, 2013, 06:54:36 AM
Thanks newsense!

No problem and keep living life large. That's the key to a long happy life.

demetrisag

satriani

Hey guys,
please let's keep this thread clean and without meaningless posts.

Thanks.
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

neilp1

Hi there

Anyone have any advice on finding the auto ETTR option on the 04-07-2013 build? I only seem to have manual ramping in the intervalometer settings. Do i have to add/load a module or am i missing something?

Thanks

newsense

Quote from: neilp1 on July 05, 2013, 03:53:39 PM
Hi there

Anyone have any advice on finding the auto ETTR option on the 04-07-2013 build? I only seem to have manual ramping in the intervalometer settings. Do i have to add/load a module or am i missing something?

Thanks

Auto ETTR is in the exposure menu if that build has it. I believe it should.

neilp1

Thanks for the reply- im pretty sure it should have it too, but ive looked all over and cant see it. Is it in a submenu in the expo tab? any chance you have a screenshot of where i should be looking?

Cheers!

mdfaisal

Guys how to format exfat in SDcard?

is it:  format(exfat) in PC/mac > Format low level format in ML >  copy all files that needed to install ML > firmware update > create boot disk sdcard ?

but if apply like that, in my disk utility (mac) it said that the card is formated by msdos Fat, not exFAT  ???

foorgol

Sorry for being slightly OT, but can anyone point me to a spec or description of the RAW files created by ML? Or do I have to reverse-engineer it from the raw2dng source code and its headers?

Thanks!

rubirosa007

Were can i get the lates build?

khurra

having trouble with raw2dng.

have files larger than 2gb. Using raw2dng on iMac.

is there anyway to get the RAW files larger than 2gb to convert to dng?

thanks for your help sorry if this is a repost or redundant. I just searched through the forums for a few hours and couldn't find a fix.

talosectos