Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazeone

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on June 25, 2013, 05:38:11 AM
can anyone give me the Drop box link of daily compile downloads

???

did you not read the first post? the link is right there to the dropbox account that has the daily/nightly builds

nanomad

Quote from: AgentJJ on June 25, 2013, 02:51:38 AM
Getting down and dirty with ML for the first time.
(C/C++ experience with uController and just a minimal touch of FW experience.  Also homebrew OS dev experience)
I see that #define CONFIG_LCD_SENSOR stub is not defined.  How does one go about figuring out these stub addresses?

The easiest way is to enable that config and see what stubs it needs, the try to locate them in the 650 firmware (the name is usually descriptive enough). If that fails you'll have to look inside the firmware of another camera for that function as it will give you far more hints than jus the name
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Daniboy111

So is there really no way  I can install it onto my camera? Iv'e been waiting awhile to get it on the 650d :(

kazeone

Quote from: Daniboy111 on June 25, 2013, 10:49:00 AM
So is there really no way  I can install it onto my camera? Iv'e been waiting awhile to get it on the 650d :(

As long as you havent updated to the latest firmware then you can try the alpha just follow the instruction on the first post.

dngrhm

Quote from: Daniboy111 on June 25, 2013, 10:49:00 AM
Other cameras have gone through multiple versions of Canon firmware, and ML is supported on a later (not the initial) firmware. There is no download available from Canon to downgrade back to 1.0.1. I don't believe there is a method to pull the firmware off of the 650D or nanomad would have pointed that out. It looks like you will have to wait until ML is supported for 1.0.4 or later.  :(
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

dngrhm

Quote from: AgentJJ on June 25, 2013, 12:13:38 AM
You've got to keep the Iambic Pentameter (with an occasional feminine ending):

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not an Alpha true.
What's Alpha here? not zebras, nor peaking,
Nor raw footage, nor any other part
Belonging to a Stable magic lant'rn.  O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call beta
By any other name would smell as sweet;

My degree in Theatre speaking...   ;)
Nicely done. A developer and theatre major. Welcome to the party :)
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

donjames150

EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

aequitas

I also made the mistake of updating to 1.0.4 :(, I would love to help testing so if there would be any possibility to get ML on my 650D :)

AgentJJ

Are the audio issues related to the commented out stubs in Stubs.c ?
What is is the safe dumper .fir doing?  Enabling the bootdisk flag on the camera?

AgentJJ

Answered my own question:
safe dumper dumps your current firmware as a backup and does enable the bootdisk flag on camera...

dngrhm

Quote from: AgentJJ on June 25, 2013, 04:09:21 PM
Are the audio issues related to the commented out stubs in Stubs.c ?
If you want to look at audio stuff, it is currently disabled as the audio IC is different from previous cameras.  However, 1% has mentioned that it should be similar to the EOS M and the EOS M is working to some degree.  I think the audio levels work when recording but not when idle.  Look to the EOS M and likely 1%'s fork, tragic-lantern, if my memory is correct.

Sandsnor

Quote from: spider on June 20, 2013, 04:02:19 PM
Is there any new information why the camera bricked?

Went to the store to try out another battery.

Tried a new one, still no life signs.
Thought to myself "Oh well, just send it to repair."
Switched back to my first battery and Bam! It worked again.

I thank so much for the support I got from different directions. Some very helpful, some not so. (:

To clear things out.
The camera was never bricked, just battery failure after FPS overriding. Peace of cake.

AgentJJ

Quote from: Sandsnor on June 25, 2013, 09:06:52 PM
The camera was never bricked, just battery failure after FPS overriding. Peace of cake.

Happy Day!

donjames150

Quote from: Sandsnor on June 25, 2013, 09:06:52 PM
Went to the store to try out another battery.

Tried a new one, still no life signs.
Thought to myself "Oh well, just send it to repair."
Switched back to my first battery and Bam! It worked again.

I thank so much for the support I got from different directions. Some very helpful, some not so. (:

To clear things out.

congrats!

1ricca

Has the Magic Zoom display gone back to being synced with the display so that it's not all sliced and non-vsynced in any of the latest builds?

millerivan

Many thanks to developers)))
Why not show the sensitivity of sound? ???

dngrhm

Quote from: millerivan on June 26, 2013, 07:00:59 PM
Many thanks to developers)))
Why not show the sensitivity of sound? ???
This has been asked and answered many times.  You are not alone in wanting this. :) The audio IC is different from previous version of the Rebel line.  This is a requested feature that will take much in-depth work.  Many hours + deep knowledge of the audio IC + knowledge of ML audio.  This is taking a back seat to getting ML stable on the 650D. 

millerivan

Quote from: dngrhm on June 26, 2013, 07:15:03 PM
This has been asked and answered many times.  You are not alone in wanting this. :) The audio IC is different from previous version of the Rebel line.  This is a requested feature that will take much in-depth work.  Many hours + deep knowledge of the audio IC + knowledge of ML audio.  This is taking a back seat to getting ML stable on the 650D.

All the same, thank you so much for this working version)) :)

donjames150

Quote from: spider on June 26, 2013, 09:34:28 PM
Is continuous RAW at 720p24 possible with this card?
http://www.amazon.de/SecureDigital-Capacity-Speicherkarte-Frustfreie-Verpackung/dp/B00422J0CG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1372274898&sr=8-5&keywords=sdhc

that's cutting it close, that's 36.8 mb/s and this camera is only good for 40 tops. I bump down the framerate to 20fps and it works fine.

papkee

I still do wonder if downsampling of RAW to a lower bit such as 12 or 10 is possible in-camera. Surely this would save bitrates and thus allow for higher-resolution recording.

The max I can get right now is 36.5Mb/s with 1472 as my width and 2.35:1 as my aspect. Bringing down the bit depth would most likely allow for consistant recording in the 1762 range.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

AgentJJ

Quote from: papkee on June 26, 2013, 11:26:39 PM
I still do wonder if downsampling of RAW to a lower bit such as 12 or 10 is possible in-camera.

It's a work in progress but mostly looking like an issue with CPU speed.  There were talks of getting real low level with the ARM achitecture and seeing if the barrel shifting operations of ARM would speed this along.

AgentJJ

Current Developers:
I'm looking to dump the recent 650D firmware update to disassemble and check out if there are any other hints to that can speed us along and even help to setup for a port of ML on the fw update.
Where can I find documentation on an IDA of the dump/fw including any decryption/keys?

bradybunch987

How do I get rid of these pink dots all in one clump in the middle of my image? this is bothering me, and is very distracting.

donjames150

Quote from: bradybunch987 on June 27, 2013, 12:52:29 AM
How do I get rid of these pink dots all in one clump in the middle of my image? this is bothering me, and is very distracting.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0