Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsense

Quote from: nanomad on June 23, 2013, 10:55:40 AM
It all depends if you are willing to handle the increased complexity of the raw workflow. As a suggestion shoot a 720p raw, upres it to 1080p and see how that compares to native H264 1080p. I suspect the quality will be the same if not better. The color latitude is definitely bigger. And you get no moire if you shoot in 5x zoom mode jut like the good old 600D

Nanomad, sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you shoot in zoom mode on the 650D?

demetrisag

Quote from: newsense on June 23, 2013, 04:11:21 PM
Nanomad, sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you shoot in zoom mode on the 650D?
use the zoom key on your camera to zoom to 5X. Only that. Believe it or not.

midnite

Quote from: demetrisag on June 23, 2013, 05:14:25 PM
use the zoom key on your camera to zoom to 5X. Only that. Believe it or not.

it zooms in but when i hit the record button it zoom outs. havent tried for raw video. but it should work for normal canon video mode too right?

Paper_Kitten

is the HDR preview working (or enabled) on the 650D? maybe i'm not doing it right... i tried the SET+wheel shortcut in play mode but it didn't seem to work at all

midnite

Quote from: Paper_Kitten on June 23, 2013, 06:14:23 PM
is the HDR preview working (or enabled) on the 650D? maybe i'm not doing it right... i tried the SET+wheel shortcut in play mode but it didn't seem to work at all

HDR video works.

if you see your lcd flashing while you're recording, than you are on the right way. if not, you do something wrong.

Paper_Kitten

midnite, thanks for your answer, but i was actually asking for the HDR picture preview (sorry, i didn't explain myself clearly!  :-[ )

nanomad

Quote from: midnite on June 23, 2013, 05:50:13 PM
it zooms in but when i hit the record button it zoom outs. havent tried for raw video. but it should work for normal canon video mode too right?
Raw video only of course :-)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

DeadMan911

nanomad, bug and question
on ML 16.05 MagicZoom working fine, but in the next versions MagicZoom twitching. If i move the window MagicZoom down-left, down-right, then fine, but if I turned on the record again begins to twitch.
And also, if I select a Picture Style "Film PictureStyle", it will not be displayed Zebra. On the other styles that are tried, zebra displayed. Can I fix it somehow, not ispodbzuya separate styles for recording and Standby?

donjames150

Quote from: Paper_Kitten on June 23, 2013, 07:25:26 PM
midnite, thanks for your answer, but i was actually asking for the HDR picture preview (sorry, i didn't explain myself clearly!  :-[ )

the best you'll get is that the LCD will show you the high iso then the low iso. If you watch a playback it will look like a strobe light
is on. It sounds like you're asking if there's a preview for the finished HDR, which there sadly is not. You just have to get a feel for
what is the right settings for certain light conditions.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

midnite

Quote from: Paper_Kitten on June 23, 2013, 07:25:26 PM

you explained yourself very clear. i'm the one who couldnt understand you. because i dont know what "HDR preview" is. i am sorry :)

daveplotty

I have been following this topic from the beginning. Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the testing and hard work and eagerly waiting to install the final version once all the bugs have been fixed.

Also why can't I subscribe to this topic?

Chuck J

millerivan

Hello, i am from Russia!)
Very long waiting ML)
Significant errors in this version?
I can postvil this firmware without consequences?)
Tomorrow I take school graduation) afraid if something goes wrong)
Google used a translator;)

shoora

Quote from: millerivan on June 24, 2013, 08:05:51 AM
Hello, i am from Russia!)
Very long waiting ML)
Significant errors in this version?
I can postvil this firmware without consequences?)
Tomorrow I take school graduation) afraid if something goes wrong)
Google used a translator;)
Relax. It's one in life time event. Do not spoil it playing with a new cool toy.
The ML will add some unique features but it will not make your camera shot still as good as EOS-1D X or video as XF305.
Any way, you'll need some time to figure it out. Right now you don't have it.
Успехов!

kostasra

I think is awesome the result....  8)

Enjoy it hd.
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

AgentJJ

What tasks (features) are required to be completed to move the dev into Beta?  Is there a place where this is documented?  I'm assuming this is in black box testing?

eyeful

Hello Im sure this is an oversight on my part, but I have been searching for the trap focus feature that I use often on my t3i. Pls lemme know where Im missing this very useful function.

Anybody know if this t4i version has trap focus? Pls HELP!! mUCH THX!!

dngrhm

Quote from: AgentJJ on June 24, 2013, 07:49:25 PM
What tasks (features) are required to be completed to move the dev into Beta?  Is there a place where this is documented?  I'm assuming this is in black box testing?
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not an Alpha.
What's Alpha? it is nor zebras, nor focus peaking,
Nor raw video, nor fps override, nor any other part
Belonging to a magic lantern. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a beta
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Check the first post as it refers to what is causing crashes.  Known crashes should likely be fixed first but there is no official criteria.  Unless nanomad has some secret list of tasks ;)  With the Satriani builds, it has taken on more of a rolling alpha feel with no real releases.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

AgentJJ

You've got to keep the Iambic Pentameter (with an occasional feminine ending):

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not an Alpha true.
What's Alpha here? not zebras, nor peaking,
Nor raw footage, nor any other part
Belonging to a Stable magic lant'rn.  O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call beta
By any other name would smell as sweet;

My degree in Theatre speaking...   ;)

AgentJJ

Check the first post as it refers to what is causing crashes.  Known crashes should likely be fixed first but there is no official criteria.  Unless nanomad has some secret list of tasks ;)  With the Satriani builds, it has taken on more of a rolling alpha feel with no real releases.

Perfect, thanks!

Daniboy111

Guys, I desperately need a way to Downgrade my firmware back to the original 1.0.1 - I can't install ML without it, I can't find the original firmware anywhere :(

AgentJJ

Quote from: dngrhm on June 24, 2013, 10:30:36 PM
nanomad has some secret list of tasks ;) 

would that be the list of failing features in the features.h file?

donjames150

Quote from: Daniboy111 on June 25, 2013, 12:57:41 AM
Guys, I desperately need a way to Downgrade my firmware back to the original 1.0.1 - I can't install ML without it, I can't find the original firmware anywhere :(

According to the Administrator, Nanomad, « Reply #286 on page 12 of this thread, you can't downgrade to 1.0.1. I'm not sure why, there are instructions for other canons on how to downgrade to an earlier firmware. But part of the reason might be that you may not be able to FIND that firmware. I spent a good part of a day looking for it for those who made the mistake you did. It wasn't there. Maybe because it's the firmware that comes with the camera and Canon would have no need to offer it to the public, only upgrades.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

AgentJJ

Getting down and dirty with ML for the first time.
(C/C++ experience with uController and just a minimal touch of FW experience.  Also homebrew OS dev experience)
I see that #define CONFIG_LCD_SENSOR stub is not defined.  How does one go about figuring out these stub addresses?

MarlonSenanayake

can anyone give me the Drop box link of daily compile downloads