Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satriani

The ML developers are world champions to scare users "Don't click me!", I like it ;D
Had we ever easter eggs in ML?
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: kazeone on June 14, 2013, 08:54:53 AM
good question and did anyone notice how the t4i has been dropped from Cannons camera line on their website in an attempt to sell the t5i lol

I wonder what changes have been made to the firmware and if maybe a better build for ML will be possible with this actual firmware release?

Edit found some info on the firmware :)

Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:

1. Fixes the following phenomena which may occur when the camera is used in combination with certain lens models equipped with a stepping motor.
Affected lenses: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM / EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM.
1. The camera may freeze in rare instances if you try to shoot with a lens cap attached or meter a subject in low contrast in Live View (or Movie) shooting.
2. Fine focus adjustment may not be possible in Remote Live View on the EOS Utility software.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which some SD card products are not recognized by the camera.
3. Corrects some misspellings displayed on the menu screen.

You just made my day! I knew this occasional freezing issue was firmware-related. I kept telling people not to bother returning their T4i's and to just be patient for a Canon firmware update. I haven't really had the issue lately and was starting to believe that it was just a battery issue (when the battery was new and hadn't been used in several months while it was in the box). It does make sense about the lens cap and low contrast though. As far as I can remember, it only ever happened with either the lens cap on or in low contrast and low light situations. I'm so happy right now! I just hope ML will be compatible with the new firmware. I won't install it until I know ML will work on it. Thanks!
"Amp up and amplify! Defy! I'm a brother with a furious mind!"

DavidFell

Is there anyone who HASN'T clicked "don't click me?"

nanomad

Don't use ML with the 1.0.4 firmware. It shouldn't run, but who knows what canon did
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: nanomad on June 14, 2013, 02:41:11 PM
Don't use ML with the 1.0.4 firmware. It shouldn't run, but who knows what canon did

It shouldn't run or it should but don't risk it? In any case, I won't try it. Are you guys planning on making it work on 1.0.4 one day though? It is a significant firmware update in that it fixes a bug that has plagued many T4i users (myself included) for a while now. So on the one hand, we're all happy that Canon finally resolved the issue, but on the other hand, we're now worried that we will never get ML to work with it... LOL ;)
"Amp up and amplify! Defy! I'm a brother with a furious mind!"

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: Phhoenyxx on June 14, 2013, 02:47:47 PM
It shouldn't run or it should but don't risk it? In any case, I won't try it. Are you guys planning on making it work on 1.0.4 one day though? It is a significant firmware update in that it fixes a bug that has plagued many T4i users (myself included) for a while now. So on the one hand, we're all happy that Canon finally resolved the issue, but on the other hand, we're now worried that we will never get ML to work with it... LOL ;)
yeaa agree 1.0.4 is a major firmware update, coz it fix the freeze problem, if u guys can make ML work on 1.0.4 it would be great

blade

Quote from: nanomad on June 14, 2013, 02:41:11 PM
  but who knows what canon did

[Wish mode on]
-Fixed SD controller now writes at 110 MB/SEC
-Increased system memory, so we can have more fun
-Added a PRISM file so the NSA can view all your photo's
-USB host will allow you to attach a external HDD to your camera and record directly to that volume (at USB 3 speeds btw...)
-Inserting coffee beans into the housing will make the camera grind them, and make a nice espresso...
[/Wish mode off]

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

dngrhm

Quote from: Phhoenyxx on June 14, 2013, 02:47:47 PM
It shouldn't run or it should but don't risk it? In any case, I won't try it.
Correct me if I'm wrong... It shouldn't run meaning ML checks the firmware installed on your camera to make sure it hasn't changed.  If you have a different firmware on your camera than ML is expecting, it won't start ML.  If the hash is magically the same or the safety mechanism in ML doesn't work for some other reason, it could be very bad for your camera.  Running ML with a different Canon firmware than ML is expecting is very dangerous (could go into self-destruct, burn-it-down, buy-a-new-camera mode).
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

xanta

Quote from: blade on June 14, 2013, 03:56:51 PM
[Wish mode on]
-Fixed SD controller now writes at 110 MB/SEC
-Increased system memory, so we can have more fun
-Added a PRISM file so the NSA can view all your photo's
-USB host will allow you to attach a external HDD to your camera and record directly to that volume (at USB 3 speeds btw...)
-Inserting coffee beans into the housing will make the camera grind them, and make a nice espresso...
[/Wish mode off]

nice ;) ;) ;)
650D 18-135mm kit, 50-1.8 lens
hoping it can do faster than 45MB/s on RAW video mode......

newsense

Quote from: 1ricca on June 14, 2013, 10:16:01 AM
Correction.... you can use touch controls to select a WB preset from the Q menu in Video Mode. The D-Pad doesn't work in the way we described though.

SOLVED THEN FOR NOW:

1. Go to Q menu
2. Go to WB presets
3. Just touch a preset or the Auto preset

Wow, I feel so stupid now. I said I tried everything and I did besides touch screen. When I got the camera I only used the screen than I got ML and realized how much faster you could navigate using the buttons, thanks for finding this.

kostasra

Quote from: satriani on June 14, 2013, 02:21:24 PM
The ML developers are world champions to scare users "Don't click me!", I like it ;D
Had we ever easter eggs in ML?

Want to see who will press it !!!  ;D
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

newsense

Quote from: kostasra on June 14, 2013, 04:48:38 PM
Want to see who will press it !!!  ;D

You never pressed it? I think it was like the 3rd thing I did after putting ML on my camera.

1%

Don't click me is just whatever the dev wanted to throw in there as a test. There was a "blue screen" easter egg at one point.

satriani

blue screen on canon firmware, lovely ;D
Next time please "kernel panic", then many users will fall for it ;)
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

killr0y

Hey guys.. Haven't been 'round here for a while since it makes my wait much shorter when not checking the forums every day to see if it's done ;)

Does anyone know if the intervalometer will be able to use RAW video mode to take a time lapse RAW video?  If so, what is the max frame size for these images?

Thanks!

nanomad

Intervalometer + RAW DNG silent pics is as good as it gets
or FPS override + raw video
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kostasra

Quote from: satriani on June 14, 2013, 09:31:10 PM
blue screen on canon firmware, lovely ;D
Next time please "kernel panic", then many users will fall for it ;)

;D ;D ;D
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

Sergioam

HI! im loving ML on my 650D, but i have one question, why theres no audio improvements on this alpha of ML? i think i've read  something about the audio controller changed, but i dont remember, im looking forward to it!
Caracas, Venezuela

killr0y

Quote from: nanomad on June 14, 2013, 09:36:08 PM
Intervalometer + RAW DNG silent pics is as good as it gets
or FPS override + raw video
Tried the RAW DNG but I get red dots all over the screen in the area that the AF sensors seem to be in.  W/ FPS override, when I shoot 1/24fps for some reason the shutter is super slow (its set to 1/50 but acts more like half a second)...

Aborgh

Why does the AF spots appear in RAW recording and not in normal recording?

studioe

CCF13104.FIR was just released

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t4i#

how does this affect the alpha?

+++++++++++
Affected Product
EOS Rebel T4i
Details
Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:

1. Fixes the following phenomena which may occur when the camera is used in combination with certain lens models equipped with a stepping motor.
Affected lenses: EF-S 18-135mm f / 3.5-5.6 IS STM / EF-S 18-55mm f / 3.5-5.6 IS STM.
1.   The camera may freeze in rare instances if you try to shoot with a lens cap attached or meter a subject in low contrast in Live View (or Movie) shooting.
2.   Fine focus adjustment may not be possible in Remote Live View on the EOS Utility software.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which some SD card products are not recognized by the camera.
3. Corrects some misspellings displayed on the menu screen.

Firmware Version 1.0.4 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.0.1 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Support
The new Firmware Version 1.0.4 can be downloaded by clicking here.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Thank you,
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries:
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON
1-800-652-2666
TTD: 1-866-251-3752
E-mail: [email protected]
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support

xanta

Could anyone explain what AF means in AF dots? autofocus?

1ricca

Quote from: xanta on June 15, 2013, 04:21:15 AM
Could anyone explain what AF means in AF dots? autofocus?

Yes. Same as how AF means autofocus on the official packaging of every lens and how AF is on the switch on every lens... including the lenses you own in your sig :P
I can relate to wanting to make sure it's not some other techy term, but seriously, deduction isn't even necessary on this one ;)

xanta

another problem
i set the bitrate to 3.0x and the MOV was 55mbps while the default 1.0x was 45mbps

1920 24p

nanomad

The multiplier it's just a hint to canon firmware