Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

No solution so far. But you can easily map them as "defective" pixles and batch apply a bad pixles removal effect in post-processing
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Aborgh

Quote from: nanomad on June 13, 2013, 09:07:53 PM
No solution so far. But you can easily map them as "defective" pixles and batch apply a bad pixles removal effect in post-processing

And how is that done? :P Someone want to point me in the right direction?

newsense

Quote from: Aborgh on June 13, 2013, 09:37:19 PM
And how is that done? :P Someone want to point me in the right direction?

you could use a mask with a copy underneath shifted a few pixels over or a wire removal tool or paint it out. 

Maddoxfotos

Hey can anybody tell me where to go about finding out more about the raw video files, Workflow, Transcoding and ect.......?

Aborgh

Quote from: nanomad on June 13, 2013, 09:07:53 PM

But why don't they show up in normal recording?

1ricca

Quote from: a1ex on June 13, 2013, 01:57:14 PM
If you have to go back to Auto, ML is probably not for you ;)

LOL I also agree. However, people like me... I have a wife who uses my gear and is also pretty pro but about 1 tier below me. She uses my T4i for taking pictures and video of her Kindergarten classroom she teaches and sometimes things like Jpeg Medium and Auto WB get turned on simply to make the less important things less of a PITA for her. Even then she's 100% Manual exposure like me but why bother adjusting stuff to that degree for such mundane photos like Kindergarten pics. That's why she does Jpeg also. Why have to use LR for such things, ya know? So it definitely has its place.

Also in run n gun situations, sometimes its really useful. Rather than get a video with my indoor WB settings, I just walked outside and there's something happening that will either be missed entirely or baked in with horrible WB. Auto saves the day for clutch moments occasionally like that. 

kazeone

Quote from: 1ricca on June 14, 2013, 01:36:48 AM
Also in run n gun situations, sometimes its really useful. Rather than get a video with my indoor WB settings, I just walked outside and there's something happening that will either be missed entirely or baked in with horrible WB. Auto saves the day for clutch moments occasionally like that.

I agree and besides if your shooting in raw then thats what lightroom is for, tweaking such settings :)

a1ex

Yeah, but you can use Canon menu for that, don't see why it should be added in ML...

newsense

Quote from: a1ex on June 14, 2013, 06:27:47 AM
Yeah, but you can use Canon menu for that, don't see why it should be added in ML...

In video mode you cant change it via Canon menu as far as I know. Only way I know is to change to photo mode and change it via quick menu.

I should mention I am using Satriani's build from may 31st.

a1ex

I'm sure you can, just as with all other Canon cameras ;)

newsense

Quote from: a1ex on June 14, 2013, 07:02:52 AM
I'm sure you can, just as with all other Canon cameras ;)

I tried everything I could think of. I like to use some of the canon presets sometimes in a pinch and the only solution I found is to go into photo mode to change it from kelvin to Canon presets

maximehaag

Hi all, quick question : by the time ML gets to "Final" Release, will it be compatible with the new firmware 1.0.4 ?

kazeone

Quote from: maximehaag on June 14, 2013, 08:41:25 AM
Hi all, quick question : by the time ML gets to "Final" Release, will it be compatible with the new firmware 1.0.4 ?

good question and did anyone notice how the t4i has been dropped from Cannons camera line on their website in an attempt to sell the t5i lol

I wonder what changes have been made to the firmware and if maybe a better build for ML will be possible with this actual firmware release?

Edit found some info on the firmware :)

Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:

1. Fixes the following phenomena which may occur when the camera is used in combination with certain lens models equipped with a stepping motor.
Affected lenses: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM / EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM.
1. The camera may freeze in rare instances if you try to shoot with a lens cap attached or meter a subject in low contrast in Live View (or Movie) shooting.
2. Fine focus adjustment may not be possible in Remote Live View on the EOS Utility software.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which some SD card products are not recognized by the camera.
3. Corrects some misspellings displayed on the menu screen.

NikeFreak

tell, and it is possible to update an official insertion if the ML is already established? I won't receive a brick?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

a1ex

Most probably you'll get the LED blinking continuously at startup and you'll wonder why :D

1ricca

Quote from: newsense on June 14, 2013, 06:36:44 AM
In video mode you cant change it via Canon menu as far as I know. Only way I know is to change to photo mode and change it via quick menu.

I should mention I am using Satriani's build from may 31st.

He's right actually. The Q menu in Video Mode doesn't let you change the WB presets on the Satriani builds that I've tested. You have to change to photo mode, then the quick menu. 

a1ex

Are you sure? did you try every single option from the Q menu?

NikeFreak

already in a course about an insertion official, tell and how me to be updated on it if costs ML how it is possible to remove ML?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

1ricca

Quote from: a1ex on June 14, 2013, 09:39:22 AM
Are you sure? did you try every single option from the Q menu?

You can't move the cursor in the WB preset area while in video mode.

1ricca

Quote from: 1ricca on June 14, 2013, 10:13:46 AM
You can't move the cursor in the WB preset area while in video mode.

Correction.... you can use touch controls to select a WB preset from the Q menu in Video Mode. The D-Pad doesn't work in the way we described though.

SOLVED THEN FOR NOW:

1. Go to Q menu
2. Go to WB presets
3. Just touch a preset or the Auto preset

satriani

I thought there will never be a firmware update for the 650D  ;D
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

MarlonSenanayake

Does ML works with 1.0.4 firmware

spider

Hello

I installed ML but I got this massage "Houston, we have a problem" after rebooting after firmware update(step 5)

I was shocked, turned the camera quickly of and did it again.
Now it works.

I dont know if it is important.