Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kostasra

I use the latest from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxsv61cq992egmy/BtTgp4q6i0

I set the time and frames and then the camera doesn't work....
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kostasra on June 12, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
I use the latest from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxsv61cq992egmy/BtTgp4q6i0

I set the time and frames and then the camera doesn't work....

Again: Help us to help you, please.

Okay, other way round: Set AF on lens to MF, choose M, 1/60 s, aperture 8, ISO 400, single shot mode.
Now go to the intervalometer menu, choose
Take a picture every 3 sec
Start after 3 sec
Stop after 3 shots

Now just press the shutter button down half and Bob is your uncle. Please report results.

Ciao, Walter

newsense

Quote from: brewerrj on June 12, 2013, 08:19:28 PM
How can I go back from Kelvin White Balance to auto White Balance? can't find it..

I had the same problem. Only way I found was to change it from the quick menu in photo mode, yeah I know kinda a pain.

kostasra

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 12, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
Again: Help us to help you, please.

Okay, other way round: Set AF on lens to MF, choose M, 1/60 s, aperture 8, ISO 400, single shot mode.
Now go to the intervalometer menu, choose
Take a picture every 3 sec
Start after 3 sec
Stop after 3 shots

Now just press the shutter button down half and Bob is your uncle. Please report results.

Ciao, Walter

I had "open" the FPS override and when i put the intervalometer the camera stop working...

This was the problem...
Flickr account

landwomble

How safe is this alpha?  Debating if I should wait a bit or take the plunge...

screamingpoodle

Hi. I can't seem to make ML fire. It loaded and then told me to run mac boot and make the card bootable.  The system says not suitable card found. I'm using an 8 GB sandisk 90MB/sec. card.  Please tel me what I'm doing that is stupid.

Thanks

screamingpoodle

Never mind. Working now on another card. Testing. Thanks for all your hard work.

Mark

brewerrj

Quote from: newsense on June 12, 2013, 09:53:03 PM
I had the same problem. Only way I found was to change it from the quick menu in photo mode, yeah I know kinda a pain.

Thanks. Maybe there should be an option in white balance menu to go back to Canon's White Balance?

1ricca

Quote from: brewerrj on June 13, 2013, 04:21:00 AM
Thanks. Maybe there should be an option in white balance menu to go back to Canon's White Balance?

I thought of this, but it would likely convolute the way it works and screw up usability. I would rather have an option just below WB similar to the Picture Profile selector or something.

kazeone

Possible bug: I have the nifty50 f1.8 lens and with ML I cant set Aperture lower then 2.0

comatose

I'm having an issue when I go into photo review mode, when I press play to get back out of it, it instead brings up some sort of levels grid and won't let me get back to shooting mode without powering down and back on, I went through and messed with settings, turned everything off even and still am having the issue

newsense

Quote from: comatose on June 13, 2013, 07:54:25 AM
I'm having an issue when I go into photo review mode, when I press play to get back out of it, it instead brings up some sort of levels grid and won't let me get back to shooting mode without powering down and back on, I went through and messed with settings, turned everything off even and still am having the issue

Hit the liveview button

nanomad

Or half press the shutter button :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Dorlis

Besoin D'aide!!!

Quand Je Film en Mode Raw avec Mon Canon 650D, et que je le transforme en format dng, il y a un genre de grain de couleur sur la video?
Que Faire S'il Vous Plait!!!

kostasra

Quote from: kazeone on June 13, 2013, 07:33:59 AM
Possible bug: I have the nifty50 f1.8 lens and with ML I cant set Aperture lower then 2.0

I have the same issue, if we put f1.8 from canon menu then works...
Flickr account

satriani

Quote from: brewerrj on June 13, 2013, 04:21:00 AM

Get out from the ML menu and press "Q"

Choose the empty orange border, in the picture.

And that is what you are looking for:

I think the developers will add it to the ML menu. Am I right Nanomad?  :P
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

a1ex

If you have to go back to Auto, ML is probably not for you ;)

satriani

Quote from: a1ex on June 13, 2013, 01:57:14 PM
If you have to go back to Auto, ML is probably not for you ;)

Exactly, I would also say that, but there are people who don't feel like permanently adjust the white balance. We must also expect such a people :D
Daily builds

nanomad

Anyway, there's a patch somewhere that adds the K icon when WB is set to kelvin. Would that help?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

satriani

I think so, anyway I personally use very rarely Auto white balance and only in video mode.
Daily builds

a1ex

Just add the kelvin value to flexinfo if it isn't already there.

nanomad

Indeed. Dunno if flexinfo had the "K" icon merged or not though.

edit: It does, I'll add the new info tonight :)

newsense

Quote from: satriani on June 13, 2013, 01:54:42 PM
Get out from the ML menu and press "Q"

Choose the empty orange border, in the picture.

And that is what you are looking for:

I think the developers will add it to the ML menu. Am I right Nanomad?  :P

How do you change WB back to canons WB from video mode if you wanted to?

papkee

Quote from: Dorlis on June 13, 2013, 11:20:11 AM
Besoin D'aide!!!

Quand Je Film en Mode Raw avec Mon Canon 650D, et que je le transforme en format dng, il y a un genre de grain de couleur sur la video?
Que Faire S'il Vous Plait!!!

C'est un problème connu et il sera fixé dans l'avenir.

Thank you french class. ;)
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

Aborgh

How is it going with the pink lines in RAW-recording?