Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian2013

Ciao Walter can you tell me how put a photo with my issue please?

adrian2013

my problem is when you remove the card from the camera tells me to remove the battery and do update again, I made ​​that step but the same problem persists,sorry i want put an Attachments but i dont know i hope understand this time thank you

Walter Schulz

You have to upload it to a file/image hoster or your own webspace (if available) and copy the link.

Then use the third icon in the middle ("insert image") and copy the link between [img]]and
[/img]

Ciao, Walter

adrian2013

my problem is when  remove the card from the camera tells me to remove the battery and do update again, I made ​​that step but the same problem persists.     http://i43.tinypic.com/2vd1o5e.jpg   here you can see the photo but when i close my  camera display is on only when card is remove ,how can i solve this ?

elmatambre

thanks i am very happy. ML is running in my camera T4i  : ) ... ;D its a happy end, in this weekend...
Its a happy Sunday!!! yauuu
Canon 650D Tamron 17-270mm 3.5/6.3 sigma 30 1.4

Sergioam

Hi! thanks a lot nanomad! i've just installed ML on my 650D, and i did a quick video test, i turned the HDR Video ON and recorded something, this video has flicker, i dont know if that is another bug or maybe i just didnt setup the HDR Video well (im new to ML)

Thanks again!
Caracas, Venezuela

fööniks

Quote from: Sergioam on June 10, 2013, 02:39:14 AM
Hi! thanks a lot nanomad! i've just installed ML on my 650D, and i did a quick video test, i turned the HDR Video ON and recorded something, this video has flicker, i dont know if that is another bug or maybe i just didnt setup the HDR Video well (im new to ML)

Thanks again!

It has to flicker. You have to use postprocessing workflow. Can be downloaded under HDR video:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#hdr_video

red5446

there is a bug when i activate raw video.
1. sometimes when you hit the button to stop the recording it doesn´t, so the normal hd video from canon starts. the raw video stops but still get buffering the raw video and then i can stop normal video.
the only way to do it is to turn it off.

2. also if you hit by mistake load modules two times, camera blocks and the camera has to be turned off. can be this prevented?

3. if i turn on fps overide to 24fps (23.976)  doesn´t record audio. can be this fixed please?

Toast

Thanks nanomad, works now for me. Will be testing that. :)

Sergioam

Quote from: fööniks on June 10, 2013, 03:29:41 AM
It has to flicker. You have to use postprocessing workflow. Can be downloaded under HDR video:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#hdr_video

Oh, thank you, i should've read that before, sorry man! thank you, hoping now that the audio features work soon =D

Cheers
Caracas, Venezuela

datex

Hello! Is it going to be 650D audio menu just as on 550D or 60D audio meters? And can you make the same button on 650D as on 600D for fast WhiteBalance and ISO tuning. These are the most important features that are missing on 650D. Thanks you very much for your work and for creating such masterpiece as Magic Lantern.

a1ex

Doesn't the 650D already have manual audio controls in Canon menu?!

Jseeker

This Is wonderful, Oh, This is fantastic - Movie Restart Worketh! Me luv you long time.

blade

I use the build from 10-jun-13,

If i set advanced bracketing to 9 exposures, and and 2 ev Mode is M. The camera starts taking 1-2 pictures and then i get a timer in the richt bottum of the screen ( as in recording video), and the camera stalls.

If i turn it on and off, every thing seems ok, however if i try to continue with taking pictures I press the shutter and get a beep ( as in 2 sec delay) it keeps peeping until i release the shutter, and no pictures are taken.

It seems to be stuck in bulp. 

Tested it 5 times, and 2 times it did recover from bulp and take the rest, 3 times it got stuck.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Walter Schulz

Couldn't reproduce this, but I took only 2 test runs.
First with 1/8 s, second with 1/4 s as start point. Both sequences were completed as expected and the longest exposure took 64 seconds.

@nanomad: Would it be possible to activate the red LED during exposure in the way Canon does?

Ciao, Walter

adrian2013

Hi Walter MY  camera   is off and if I remove the card from my canon  is open to the message screen should remove the battery and do it again update.IS  this normal? thank you

nanomad

Quote from: adrian2013 on June 10, 2013, 12:49:01 AM
my problem is when  remove the card from the camera tells me to remove the battery and do update again, I made ​​that step but the same problem persists.     http://i43.tinypic.com/2vd1o5e.jpg   here you can see the photo but when i close my  camera display is on only when card is remove ,how can i solve this ?

What fir did you use to install ML on the camera the first time? This should not happen anymore with the safe-dumper fir.
Please post a link.

To fix the error format the card on a PC then put the content of this archive on it. Let the camera do a firmware update in photo M mode, not movie!

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Feb02.650D.BOOTFIX.zip
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nanomad

Quote from: red5446 on June 10, 2013, 05:30:30 AM
there is a bug when i activate raw video.
1. sometimes when you hit the button to stop the recording it doesn´t, so the normal hd video from canon starts. the raw video stops but still get buffering the raw video and then i can stop normal video.
the only way to do it is to turn it off.

2. also if you hit by mistake load modules two times, camera blocks and the camera has to be turned off. can be this prevented?

3. if i turn on fps overide to 24fps (23.976)  doesn´t record audio. can be this fixed please?

1) I'll investigate it
2) Core ML bug. As I said, the module system is still young. It will eventually be fixed
3) No. It's  FPS override limitation. I can enable separate WAV recording when I figure out how the audio stuff works.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

adrian2013

this firmware i use ML_N_09.06.2013.zip.thank you for help Nanomad .i try now to fix then is ok i will write you again

adrian2013

Nanomad I did exactly what you told me and it's okay now. Now, to do something that should be left on the card botfix can reinstall again magic lantern? Thank you so much for help all respect for you guys you made this possible

mtb

Is auto bulb ramping (sunset, sunrise) disabled... or am I being stupid?

Walter Schulz

@adrian:
1. Keep only two folders (DCIM and MISC) on your SD-Card. Delete *all* other files and folders from root.
2. Download latest build (satriani's Dropbox).
3. Expand ZIP and copy ML folder and autoexec.bin to your SD-Card.

Must look like this:

DCIM (folder)
MISC (folder)
ML (folder)
autoexec.bin (file)

That is all you need to run ML.

Ciao, Walter

adrian2013

Walter Schulz

Quote from: nanomad on June 09, 2013, 10:33:01 PMedit: focus stacking fixed :)

Yes, it is an oxymoron: The unfixed version used to have a fixed focus and the fixed version shifts focus as you like.
Or shorter: Works!

Ciao, Walter

red5446

when i shoot a picture in video mode the raw files read it with 16:9. that´s a 15.1MP file, not 18MP.

there is a lightroom plugin to restore the original aspect ratio but needs to convert the image to dng and then it duplicates the file.
that´s a lot of work.

can magic lantern make something about this? maybe deactivate the function that gives 16:9 ratio to the metadata in the raw file in video mode.